If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What's new at my home

I apologize for not posting in so long. Sweet Gavin shared his cold&sore throat with Jeff and I and it slowed us down for about a week. Thankfully, we are all better now.

At home, I decided some of my rooms needed sprucing up.
Just adding a tablecloth and one of my mom's doilies perked up the breakfast nook.

I changed some pictures on the wall in the dining room, then added a summer tablecloth.
hydrangeas from my yard in a tea pot from an old friend that I just heard from after several years.

Our bedroom has one huge wall that I've never known what to do with.
We have an assortment of paintings and prints and stitched pieces and Jeff is very fond of all of them. So I tried out the gallery look I have seen on other blogs, I think it works on that giant wall.

This is not new, obviously made in 1987, but it is one of my favorites.

We have a sick puppy - so sick that he needed to go his veterinian yesterday.
He has some problems in his intestines.

Theo is just thrilled with his canned dog food and pills - not! - but they are helping him, he woke up this morning feeling much better than yesterday.

The biggest new thing here is the roof. Because of hail damage in the spring of 2009, we needed a new one. The roofers worked all day Friday and Saturday morning, reshingling the whole thing and replacing a small section of decking. I think they did a great job.

Baby E has not yet made her appearance. That really will be big news.
Nina is staying busy and made these cute closet dividers for a baby shower she is hosting on Saturday for another of the coach's wives that is expecting in July.
%

11 comments:

  1. Hi Dear Theo,
    I with you my friend. I have to eat can food too from my doctors because of my tummy. I can eat some fruits and veggies but my main meal is my can food.Be a good boy and make your mommy happy by eating it. I stress my mommy when I don't eat. I pray you will feel better soon. Is it hot there? It is really hot here.
    Hugs and Kisses,
    Miss Candi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Theo is starting to feel better! It's so hard to get my dog to take pills, even his monthly heartworm pill is a challenge!

    The changes you made are so pretty! I love those blinds in the first photo! So cottagey! I think the gallery wall looks great!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, sounds like a lot has been going on for you and your family. Your little touches look wonderful and warm. I think those clothing separators Nina made are adorable. She could sell them! Hope the little one comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is lovely. I'm going to have to see if I can find a teapot for some hydrangeas. Yours looks so pretty on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rhonda,
    So glad you came over for a visit to my blog and put your name in the give away. You now have 1 in 14 chances of winning. I really don't care if I have 100 followers or just a few who come by regularly, I know my philosophy is a little different than most.
    Your summery changes look really nice, fresh and new!
    Hugs, Cindy s

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those closet dividers Nina made! My cousin and his wife just had a baby girl this morning and I'm thinking these would make a wonderful gift for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Theo. I know how awful it is having a sick pet. And I know how hard it can be to get them to eat the vet-prescribed food and take their pills! Glad he's feeling better already.

    Love all the pink in that first photo! And what a cute idea to make closet dividers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your breakfast nook! It's so pretty! Also love the red checked tablecloth.

    The wall looks great! Is the Marine emblem a stitchery too?

    Poor Theo! I hope he gets all better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow lots of information in that post! I love the dividers for baby clothes. So smart and cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow lots of information in that post! I love the dividers for baby clothes. So smart and cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those specialty cans are terrible- 3 bucks a pop for our bassett. Thank goodness it was only for a week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐