I sewed a cash spending envelope system about 2 years ago and have been using it ever since. It worked pretty good but had a couple of flaws and was also getting worn from so much use.
you can see it here and read a little about my method.
I wanted a new one and searched for some tutorials. I did not ever find one exactly like I wanted but I did like this one
Except hers is made from oilcloth. I like oilcloth but I tried to buy some in my town a few months ago and no store here carries it.
I used that tutorial, but for fabric. So I added a 1/2 inch for seam allowances to all the pieces, added some batting to the base and back pockets for a little stability and used less pockets.
Since I am trying to use-down my craft supplies, I made this strictly from supplies on hand too.
|a little larger than a regular wallet or billfold|
but I think this size and number of pockets will suit me.
|to make the labels, I just used some bias tape and rubber stamps,|
then I machine-sewed on the labels.