If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, July 22, 2013

Reuse a coffee can for a waste basket



My laundry room has lots of storage but no floor space
It has doors at both ends but is really just a pass-through  from the garage to another hallway.

I seem to have a good bit of  trash in there when I am working- dryer lint, dryer sheets, paper towels that some how end up in the laundry- but with no floor space so I never had a trash can in there even though I needed one.    

then I had an idea to reuse this big plastic coffee canister for a dryer-top waste basket.  

I even had some of the Debbie Mumm fabric left from the clothespin bag that I sewed years ago.  

I cut out a strip of the fabric, pressed under the edges and adhered it to the old coffee cannister with one coat of ModPodge on the can and then one over the fabric
.  The fabric has several retro-homemakers on the squares and I used 3 of them on this can.  It was amazing how nice they just fit too.  
So if I get bored,  one day I can look at the homemaker doing the laundry-

then another day I can watch her iron

or do her mending.  
I may turn it around,  but I never really get bored.  
There is always something I need to do and just want to do in my home.  





"Dirty laundry reminds me that someone has worked, someone has played, someone has eaten, someone has slept, someone has enjoyed their day just as they will tomorrow, if someone like me takes care of what they have to wear " 



 ---- I cannot take credit for the quote but it sums up how I feel about the importance of homekeeping

Linking to 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, cute!! I love this fabric. And a quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good solution to your trash can need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I have a little plastic bucket on my dryer for a trashcan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What perfect fabric for the laundry room! Brilliant idea to use it on the coffee canister as well. Your house has such a homey feeling, yet uncluttered and very neat. I need you here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorita, this is the nicest compliment for me! That is exactly how I want our house to be- home and comfortable but uncluttered.
      I would come help you if I could :)

      Delete
  5. That is a cute little trash can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good idea!! I'm always leaving a wad of dryer lint at the sink next to the dryer; this would put a stop to that! Since I don't drink coffee I'll have to come up with another canister of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all kinds of containers would work- an oatmeal box, wipes container, bottom of a bleach bottle or even a milk jug

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐