If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Cut out Christmas cookies

That sugar cookie recipe I mixed up and goofed up over the weekend was baked today, the recipe called for 3 cups of powdered sugar but I didn't read the recipe right and put in 2 cups of table sugar. 
They turned out just fine- I may even just change the recipe and make them this way every Christmas, 
Trees and Santas
Cutters are by Aunt Chicks - an Oklahoma company now called Grammas Cutters
We like our sugar cookies with lots of homemade frosting and coconut.

My helpers- almost 5 year old Gavin was a help, spreading frosting and dipping the cookie tops into coconut and sprinkles. 17 month old Braeden kept us company and sure enjoyed his cookie, but he wasn't much help this year- in time I think he will though, 
My mother and aunts first made these cut out cookies more than 50 years ago. We have them every year and I hope we always do. 

I have posted lots of desserts and sweets lately, but this will probably be the last sugar laden post for awhile.  Once Christmas celebrating is over, we will back to eating lots of salads and fruits. 

Merry Christmas everyone!

6 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful you have patience to let the little ones help. They're making memories for a lifetime. Merry Christmas to you and yours.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas memories...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love cookie day with the grands as you pass on a family tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grands enjoyed decorating the sugar cookies so much this year I think we'll have to have a Valentines Day session. I like coconut and never thought to use it on some of the cookies...I will have to do that next time! :) Your cookies look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of coconut, especially for Santa's beard! They look very cute!
    I'm just about ready for a sugar free diet myself. Oh my, but it's been yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy and so pretty! So sweet of you to make them with your grands. I was thinking the same things about the sweets. I've been indulging way too much. ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐