If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

In my mom's sewing room


one more post about Texas........

This is my mom's sewing room and their computer is in this room too,  and lots of interesting photos are on those walls too. 
Years ago,  it was my wreath making professor brother's bedroom.  That is his college track team photo in a black frame just about in the middle of the room photo. 

Mom got this Accuquilt machine recently.  I was not really familiar with it but it is special gadget for cutting quilt pieces and other fabric craft pieces especially accurate.
The Accuquilt opens up like a waffle iron.
These dies are used  to cut the shapes. 
Mom says it is easy to use and cuts the pieces so perfectly,  she was so happy that the pieces sew together so nicely when they are the exact same size. 
this a green scrappy quilt she has been working on. 
This is a felt penny rug- the circles are perfect and felt is hard to cut as it shifts around when just using scissors.   Mom says the Accuquilt does waste  fabric than the traditional way of cutting fabric but that is not really an issue for her as she has plenty of fabric. 
If you have some extra money and like to do really perfect quilts,  you might want to look into an Accuquilt.  I think Mom ordered hers online. 


Some of the pictures on her sewing room walls
Mom's Senior picture- she was valedictorian and FFA sweetheart. 
My grandfather on my dad's side on a cool motorcycle- probably around the 1920s
My dad with one of his colts when he had  a few horses on his hobby farm.  I like his polka dot cap. 
Dad again,  with my son Bobby when he was about 2.  Now Bobby is 32 and looks like a Duck Dynasty body double.

Mom has always, and I mean always, done handwork. This is an embroidered picture- look at all that perfect satin stitches on the 2 horses.  I think she stitched this when we kids were little.  If you look in craft room photo, there is a pair of deer picture just to the left of this horse picture that was in the same series and stitched about the same time. 


We are back in Oklahoma now and I didn't take any other photos while we were in Texas so this will be last Texas post for awhile.  My husband is on vacation from his job this week and we are doing some sightseeing day trips around Oklahoma so I'll have some posts on those soon.

Hope you are all getting those last minute things done to be ready for Christmas, it is just a few days away! 


13 comments:

  1. I love your Mom's sewing room, so much room! Sorry to hear she has plenty of fabric, as I could happily send some her way. All the fabric I need for the Bakers Challenge is set aside, so I wonder what to do with the dresser full of fabric. I wish it would just stop following me home. LOL.
    I had to do a double take on the second photo of your dad....looks a bit like Nature Dude's dad. His family is from OK....weird if you all were like 5th cousins or something.
    Don't work to hard on that stay cation. Hope his knee is good.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting post! I always love to peek into someone's sewing room! I didn't realize your mom was a quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, wasting fabric or having exact cuts? I'll take the latter, lol! It is terrible whent he pieces aren't cut out right and you're trying to sew them. I didn't quite know about what these machines do though I have heard of them. The little green quilt your mom made looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you sharing the shots of your moms sewing room! a lot of memories in there. I have looked at the machines but haven't gotten one. People really do seem to like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great sewing room and those pictures are priceless! Enjoy your week together! great time of year to be sightseeing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love her sewing room. That machine is quite the gadget. Her quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post ! Everything from vintage photos to quilts to embroidery and penny rugs! I am always drawn to felt or wool felt projects. Your mom is quite the beauty and talented as well and I love that picture of your dad and the colt. Fun to go down memory lane; whether your own or others :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Mama's sewing room. She's a special person,.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mom was beautiful. Love all the old pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great memory wall, isn't it. I would probably quilt if I had a machine like your moms, I don't like detail or fiddly work, even though I have made several quilts, I don't enjoy it.
    You were busy while at your folks place in Texas. You made a lot of wonderful things for them to enjoy. I wish I had parents to do that for...no good wishing, I know.
    Have a wonderful day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this post and your sharing the special photos with us!! :) I've heard of the Accuquilt and I have to say, they are pretty cool aren't they!?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐