If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, December 12, 2013

My brother does stuff too

I have 2 bachelor brothers, they are both great guys but very different.
The professor brother took up wreath making several years ago and here are this years Christmas wreaths. 

this one is on our front door,  and when I took the picture, I did not have it hung up right.  The snow is supposed to be right on the top to look like snow fell on it 
If you look in the window reflection, you can see our real snow in the yard.
Ours has a little red bird on it.


He lives about an hour away and when he came to our house this week, he brought our wreath as well as 3 others.

this one,  with a pretty white cross, is for our daughters home.
oh, dear, this photograph is not turned right either, but if you read my blog much, you know photography is not my strong suit

Grandson Gavin admiring the wreath that is for his home
Yes, he has goggles on his head and No,  we have not been swimming.  He is fun little guy that likes to pretend.  I just noticed that behind Gavin's head,  you can see his brother Braeden's head.  Braeden is back there where the pecans are,  he likesd moving them from one bucket to another.
This one will go to my parents house- can you see the little gold and silver birds on it?


Gavin and Granddaughter Elizabeth looking at the wreaths and checking out the ones that go to their homes. 
The grands like the wreaths and they were especially happy to see their great uncle. 


down the memory lane of wreaths
2011 Christmas wreath this one had apple green trim

for me, a wreath is not just a pretty decoration.  To Christians, they are a powerful symbol of our faith.
The circle of the wreath reminds us of God Himself, His eternity and endless mercy, which has no beginning or end.  The evergreen symbolizes the hope that we have in God, the hope of newness, of renewal, of eternal life.


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful wreaths and beautiful symbolism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely gifting tradition from your brother! I like Gavin's goggles, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brother makes very beautiful wreaths! How wonderful for you, wreaths are such wonderful decoration and as you say, a reminder of God who is eternal and so is His mercy. I'm so grateful for this Merciful God that we serve.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very pretty! Your brother has a lot of talent here! Is the greenery real?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wreaths are real. I know in the past, he got trimmings from Home Depot's free Christmas tree department. I think that is what he used this time too, they are really pretty short needle evergreen and smell so nice.

      Delete
  5. You have a very handy dandy family;-) My mom used to crochet, other then that I am the only crafty person in the family. Your wreaths are all very lovely.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I never knew the symbolism of the wreath. Your brother makes beautiful wreaths.

    ReplyDelete
  7. no beginning and no end...love that!

    I'm impressed with your brother's wreaths...they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your brother is very creative. I love the wreaths.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐