If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, December 30, 2013

Pleasant productive day

I woke up early as usual and got my normal morning routine things done- fixing husband's work lunch and morning coffee, doing my Bible study and earning some Swagbucks. 
Then I went through my coupons and the newspaper ads from yesterday to plan out my errands, 
Before I shopped, I did some small sewing jobs like turning our old and worn hand towels into cleaning rags by cutting them in half and zig-zagging the raw edges. 
H
I added some length to another pair of jeans for the long legged grand daughter. I used purple polka dots to go with the purple stitching on the pockets. 
This baby shirt was a gift and had a design on the front that we didn't care for. It is a nice heavy weight shirt so to make it wearable, I put a fabric appliqué over that design. 
One of my errands was to stop at CVS for a prescription refill. CVS had Christmas, gifts and toys marked down 75%.  I got a few toys for future gift and also got this cute retro design hot air popcorn popper for $5
LED lantern was $2.50 at the CVS clearance. It will be perfect to use in our tornado safe room. 
This cubby shelf is from Walmart and was bought for our play room, because don't we all want to get organized for the new year? With just a few hiccups, I even managed to assemble it all by myself.  
Tomorrow, I hope to get the toys put in it. 


18 comments:

  1. Those darn shelf units from WM are not as easy as they use to be. I do not like those turny thingies that are suppose to tight the screws. My BIL can't keep his daughter in pants either...we think she may hit 6 ft. And I am so heading over to CVS to see if I can grab one of those popcorn poppers;-)
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jilly, did you find a popper? I went back to CVS the next morning as everyone wants a LED lantern like mine but there were no lanterns or poppers left.

      Delete
  2. Oooh...you had a very productive day! I always get that organizing itch at the beginning of the year and I love how the stores all know it and have bins and files and all kinds of neat things to inspire me! Love the one you found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, you got some great deals! Love that hot air popper and $5 is a wonderful bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the little jeans turned out. And also the little shirt. You are very resourceful. Great idea to be able to get all the use out of the towels too. Cvs has good clearance sales if you can catch them. If anything is left, they will even mark down to 90% off. You got some great deals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very productive day and lots a good finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to have to check out those laterns at CVS they would be a nice addition to our emergency supplies. I too get such an itch to reorginize after the holiday's, your shelf and baskets are going to be great for those toys

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love those cubby shelves-the baskets hide everything

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly did have a productive day! Lol whenever I get into a tizzy as to what to do first I use your blog header and tell myself to "just shut up if you do stuff stuff gets done no matter what so just start " Yes I talk to myself : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I am smiling at your comment. I am amazed how many other people have commented almost the same thing, that when they need to get busy, they tell theirselves "If you do stuff, stuff gets done"
      a few people have told me they printed it out as a reminder.
      and I tell myself the same thing, I talk to myself too :)

      Delete
  9. Wow! You accomplished a lot. I love productive days like that. You got some wonderful bargains too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your productive day sported you some great bargains! I wouldn't mind one of those popcorns poppers......I feel a trip to CVS coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yu always get so much done in between caring for your family. I really like your storage unit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would say a good day for you. I need to have several of those productive days! The lantern and popcorn popper are great deals. You always do wonders with the clothes. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet Lana, happy New year to you and your family too, I know it will be with that new grandbaby

      Delete
  13. I love that air popper. I also absolutely love what you did with that baby shirt. So cute.

    Can I ask how much the storage unit was? I am changing our exercise room into a bedroom for the grandchildren when they come to stay. I spent a fortune right after Christmas on a new mattress, boxspring, frame, headboard, sheets, blanket, drapes, bedspread and water proof mattress cover. Now I have all of the accessories to do like dressers, art work, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Precious- I ordered it through shop and earn on Swagbucks. I ordered it Sunday night and picked it up Monday morning and it was really nice to have it all ready and I didn't have to wander the store looking for it.

      ClosetMaid Cubeicals Fabric Drawer, Natural 5 $5.97 $29.85


      ClosetMaid Cubeicals 9-Cube Organizer, Espresso 1 $39.99

      Subtotal: $69.84
      Tax: $6.15
      Order total: $75.99

      Delete
  14. Ohhh.. love that jean "extender" idea! Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐