If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, December 6, 2013

Small Batch cookies in jars

Earlier this week,  I baked 2 new recipes to test and see if they would work for gift giving.  Both turned out first class!  Here are the links to the blogs that inspired me. 


See the Brownies Original recipe from Brenda at Coffee, Tea, Books and Me

See the Lemon White Chocolate Original recipe at The Frugal Girls


I halved both recipes to make Small Batch cookie mixes.  Our circle of friends are mostly empty nesters and I think they probably prefer smaller desserts over big family sized ones.  Plus,  I had a bunch of pint jars in the attic and they are the perfect size for small batches. 
For the Brownies I layered
1/2 +1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
2/3 cup flour
1/4 t baking powder
1/8 t salt
mini chocolate chips to fill the jar to the top, about 1/3 cup.
I stocked up on mini chocolate chips a few weeks ago at Aldi,  they were about $1.29 for a 12 ounce bag
The lemon white chocolate cookies are so simple
The mix is just lemon cake mix and white chocolate chips.
One cake mix divided exactly in half fills up a pint jar about 3/4 full,
then the chips go in, only about 1/4 of a bag will fit but that is plenty to make the cookies loaded.
The small batch brownies work great in a 9 inch pie pan.
A small batch of cookies makes 12 and can be baked in one baking on one sheet. 
 
I still need to make up the mixing and baking instruction tags - both need an egg,  the brownies take some melted butter and a little water. The lemon cookies need some  oil. 
Look at the first bloggers posts for all the instructions if you decide to make them. 
Both are really good and easy!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful gift idea or making cookies for 2 or 3 people. Thank you for sharing! I"m pinning this.

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...and they make such cute gifts! I love seeing the layers in the jars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful gifts for your empty nester friends or single people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having a time of it keeping up my Girlish figure with all the yummy recipe's you are posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think jar gifts are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound good and are such a good idea for gift giving. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy getting these as gifts! Thank you for posting the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gifts in a jar. We are going to a Christmas party soon and either one would be perfect for a hostess gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐