If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Rescued from the rag bag

Finishing this quilt top did not take too long. If you remember,the finished top was something my dad got at a yard sale or thrift store. It is all scraps and was not much to look at it. But my husband likes it, and since I want to make a bunch of quilts in 2014, I finished it.


Linking to the party at Green Willow Pond
Our bed is a queen and the new quilt is laying on top of the bedspread. I think the new quilt would cover a double bed just fine. It should be quite warm as the batting in it is a thick cotton one.m
Oh Sew Scrappy......
The back is scrappy too, I couldn't decide what the predominate color was so I used 4 scraps and pieced them to back a piece big enough.

Quilt Purists would think this is very primitive but that is OK with us. I like precise, perfectly made quilts but at this stage of my life, I can't fit that fussy sewing in. Sew- if I do finish 6 or 12 quilts in 2014 like I hope to- some of them will be more projects like this. 

15 comments:

  1. I love it! Can't wait to see more

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt. This is the type of quilt you can wrap yourself up in or put on the floor to watch TV all bundled up! You did this really quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking what Susan said - it's a perfect TV blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Quilting is more fun when you don't put so much pressure on yourself to make everything perfect. Good, everyday quilts are really what the craft should be about, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quilt is a quilt is a quilt....at least one that is done!! I love it.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scrappy quilts are my favorite. I don't do "Art" quilts. In my home the purpose of a quilt is to keep you warm when it's cold, like right now. I'm doing a four patch for my bed right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a true find. This one has cozy and lovable written all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a REAL quilt!! Congrats on a great finish and saving anothers ladies hard work from years ago. I think quilts are to be used not looked at

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turned out very pretty and looks good on that bed. The back looks just like the last few I've made. I love scrappy quilts, both front and back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! Scrappy quilts have character and are unique. I prefer them to one that looks perfect. I think that I would call it a well loved, keep you cozy on a warm night quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is nice is that you took something that a person had worked on and finished it up and the purpose of most quilts in the past was to make something useful out of scraps ! :) It looks so bright and pretty on the bed! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your finished quilt looks great and glad Jeff likes it. Loved reading your friend's comments. And it looks like something my Mother would have made - simply using whatever you have...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt definitely looks cozy and makes me want to wrap myself up in it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you did a great job and I like the way you did the back of your quilt. Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like it!
    I have a few quilt tops that need to be finished! Your's is inspiring. I like a more primitive style myself.
    I pieced one of the tops years ago and used my maternity clothes to do it . I should finish it. The others are quilts my MIL pieced so I knows kids would all like to receive these some day.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐