If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday stitching

Linking up with Kathy's Quilts- Sunday slow stitching HERE

All the animal squeezums were finally finished today.
They are made with an old pattern from plastic canvas and yarn, with silly google eyes.



This quilt top is from This Crate full of WIPs and UFOs.
I felt so good about just finishing the string quilt that I went to this box and pulled out a couple of quilt tops. My husband voted to finish this scrappy one first. It is really scrappy, isn't it? Many of the sewing pieces in that crate were made by mom, but not this one. I think it must of been a thrift store find or something my dad got at a yard sale.
I can imagine a woman piecing it with just whatever small fabric scraps she came by. Did I mention it is really really scrappy?

 I plan on just tying this one.  I had to piece a backing and I will show it when I finish it.
 
I'll be siting here hand tying for much of the remainder of this Sunday. 
If you like to sew, I hope you have had some pleasurable sewing time this weekend too. 

12 comments:

  1. You are on a quilting streak! I know this one will be put to good use. I love your quilting frame. Wish I had room for one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, thank you but this not a frame, just laying on the dining table. I am a no-frills crafter :)

      Delete
    2. I also meant to mention that I really like your squeezums! So cute! You have a long table. I might come over and borrow it for my quilts!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful little creatures you created! And I smile as I picture you tying your quilt today and enjoying the scrappyness of this wonderful project! Thanks for joining the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute animals! Quilt #2 coming along! Great way to use up odd and ends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute little zoo animals. Enjoy your tying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you're just moving right along with your projects! Cute little animals and another warm quilt! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need some of your motivation for finishing works in progress. I have tops waiting for the temperature to get warmer so I can work comfortably in my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of the bad weather, I had 5 days without grands here. And that is why I was able to do so much. I just made hay while the sun shined, so to speak :)

      Delete
  7. Goodness me, you are one focused lady! Such lovely creations... thank you for the inspiration, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Rhoda!
    I hope you have a great week.
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those little critters and such are so cute! That scrappy quilt looks very cuddly to me! I like tied quilts..I have done a few and while they may be a wee bit quicker than quilting with thread they do take a bit of time and get tedious / lots of work, in other words! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐