If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Lunch for a group

Here is what I served for a recent meal when we had 12 guests.

Easy crock pot beef tips - except I baked ours in a Dutch oven in the regular oven- doubled the recipe

Make ahead mashed potatoes - this recipe does not use cream cheese like most make ahead recipes call for  - also doubled this recipe

Baked carrots

Green beans

Worlds Best Dinner Rolls - I followed the recipe exactly except I mixed them all by hand in a Tupperware fix and mix bowl. The recipe says to shape the dough into 24 rolls but I made them a regular dinner roll and had about 40. At 24, they would be very large rolls I think, more like a jumbo sandwich bun. 



Dessert was fresh fruit -a Georgia seedless watermelon, red grapes, strawberries and fresh pineapple-and a bag of Chips Ahoy cookies I got on sale for 99 cents. 
I usually bake a dessert or 2 but my husband and I have not been eating dessert for about 2 months and with all the other cooking, I just didn't feel like baking a dessert too. Unfortunately, 3 of the guests were disappointed with my baking slack off.  They did not leave hungry though, they just ate extra rolls and watermelon. 

Beverages were plain and sweet tea. 

I recommend all of the recipes.  And that is one of the ways I feed a crowd. 

12 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds delicious! I'll be trying some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious to me...well rounded and lots of variety! yum! What's wrong with cookies and fruit for dessert? Geesh! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always serve such wonderful meals. I'm sure your guests missed your dessert but I absolutely know how it feels not to feel like going all out every single time. As it was you provided a feast which I am certain was much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely going to be trying the make ahead mashed potatoes. I wonder if your watermelon came from the huge farm near my house. They ship out 60+ semi truckloads a day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I am going to put those rolls on the menu for next week. I will use them for our pulled pork sandwiches and then freeze the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your meal sounds delicious. I think I will try your beef tips this week. I need some new recipes as I am so tired of all the old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! What a tasty sounding menu. I would say - next time the guests can bring dessert along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks wonderful and how nice to feed a crowd without all the last minute cooking! I agree that the rolls are too big if you make them as the recipe says. I make these often and I always make them smaller. With just 12 they are slightly smaller than hamburger buns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! It all looks wonderful! I always have a hard time not baking a dessert but we sure don't need it. I admire you for serving fresh fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think fruit and cookies is a wonderful dessert for a summer day. All your food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious! I am going to have to try these dinner rolls one day ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐