If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Spur of the moment yard sale

We were out early this morning as we took the oldest grandson home after a sleepover here.
I had not planned to yard sale, but as we got home, we saw 2 sales right in our neighborhood.
The first sale had so much nice stuff and at very good prices. I considered buying lots of things but decided to just get what we needed.
This heavy patio set was $50. It needs a new paint job but other than that, it is perfect. It is very sturdy and should survive our harsh weather.  There is a hole in the center of the table to hold a big umbrella.

It came with 5 chairs, 2 are rockers and 3 are regular chairs.
We are really happy to get this. We've looked at new patio sets but they seem to be not sturdy, or too fancy or expensive or not strong enough for the Oklahoma weather. 

I also picked out a few play clothes for the oldest grandson. They were 50 cents each.


I was in Walmart yesterday and checked out the $1 rack that is still in the action aisle beside the shoe department. It was full of knit leggings in very bright colors - all seemed to be for babies size 0-3 months and junior girls size 0-2.  It was nothing we needed but I will keep checking that rack when I go to Walmart. 

22 comments:

  1. I love your find! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little jealous of your yard sale finds. We never seem to find anything worth having anymore. If we do find something good, they want to charge brand new pricing and then not haggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I think the best stuff is often by sold by young married in nice homes. They seem to not keepget rid of anything that is not exactly their style. Newlyweds often sell off duplicate possessions too.
      When I go to a sale with high prices I pretty much just leave as I don't want to haggle.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you Betsy, it will be prettier with a fresh coat of paint.

      Delete
  4. I love your patio set. GREAT find. You seem to find great deals very often. I just finished giving my patio set a quick touch up with spray paint. It was fast, easy and inexpensive. I am sure yours will be the same. The clothes look good, too. I am now on the hunt for a good yard sale since you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice patio set. I love the rockers with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana - the rockers are especially comfortable too.

      Delete
  6. That's a great set you got there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena, this sale even had a white changing top dresser much like the one you wanted and found. It was $20 and sold while we were there.

      Delete
  7. That's a really nice patio set! We went to a church yard sale yesterday. It was huge and they had good prices. We spent only $8 and got a couple Vera Bradley purses (to resell), brand new box of sheet protectors, 2 sewing patterns, some fabric, a 2 piece Build-A-Bear outfit(Christmas gift for niece), Tupperware pitcher, a couple clothing items for me--25 cents each, and maybe a couple other little things that I can't remember right now! The sheet protectors ($1) and one of the sewing patterns(25 cents) were things I was going to buy anyways!

    We stopped at 2 other sales but I didn't buy anything. The one sale was completely out of control with super high prices! Grrrr! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you did great! The church sale had amazing things for you. I agree on the Grrrr about high prices. When I get to a sale that like, I pretty much just leave as quick as I can

      Delete
  8. What a great deal on that patio set! I love those - they are so easy to spray paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son suggested we paint it turquoise but I expect we will go with a glossy black. I am just so happy to of found a good quality set in a style that will work for us.

      Delete
  9. I am so envious of your great find! I have been searching our area for an outdoor set to rehab and have found nothing like the deal you got. Just color me pea green!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see the pillows you make for that new patio set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have that same patio set. I bought it new about 10 years ago & I'm getting ready to give it it's third paint job. It's just about indestructible! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Score on the patio furniture. Oh and I love your recipes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐