If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, August 18, 2014

Do Stuff Monday #4

Whats on my to-do list this week? Not many chores as I am in the middle of an unusual grands here everyday and staying with me stretch of days. I enjoy the grands so much and I know these days will not last much longer so I am adjusting my homekeeping things.
I did quite a few things Sunday evening - all the laundry, changed sheets, grocery shopped, etc- that I would normally do during the week. 
I also cleaned the floors and one bathroom before my grandson got here this morning.

My husband grocery shopped with me yesterday at Aldi and we bought quite a bit of fresh produce.
I want to be sure and use them all so just to keep myself reminded, I wrote down the ingredients that I need to incorporate in meals this week. 

Supper tonight will be   Crispy Chicken Tenders with this new recipe that I made last week to use some the rice crispy cereal that I also used in those yummy granola bars. Also the last of the French bread, watermelon, and green beans. 


My grandson and I have already done the errands. He is happy riding in the shopping cart and so many other shoppers talk to him and comment on his curly hair. 

We stopped at Dollar Tree and got more Bacos that my husband requested.
Walmart - dill relish in a giant squeeze bottle. My husband and son are dill relish fans and I think they will very pleased to see it in a squeeze bottle instead of the tiny jars I have always bought it in before.
Also bought at Walmart, a 4 quart crockpot. 

Hobby lobby - some the jewelry things were 50% off and I got some narrow natural cord to make a bracelet I've pinned.  Also a storage box that I used a 40% off coupon. 



I got all these beads and jewelry supplies from my mom. I hope to do some beading this week but it may wait till next week.


In case you want to laugh at my gardening adventures, here are the assortment of tomatoes picked last night. 
I think I might of grown the worlds tiniest tomato- maybe I should contact the Guiness book of records people......

My shopping helper is napping now. But before I worked on this blog post, I cleaned the hall bathroom and fixed the breading for tonight's chicken.
I love this little quilt. It is the last piece of patchwork my grandmother sewed. 


Hope you are all having a good Monday.

If you do stuff, stuff gets done! 

22 comments:

  1. The Grand baby is adorable! I tried the re-fried beans recipe that you had posted a while ago and my family LOVES them. So easy to put everything in the crock pot before work and when I get home just mash them up! My husband was laid off of work last January ( after 28 yrs) and has just gone back so money has been tight. These type of recipes really help us stretch the food budget. I love your blog and it has become one of my favorites. Have a great week!! Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti, so nice to meet you and I am so pleased my blog helps you.
      We only have one dish of Refried beans left in the freezer and I will be making more soon.
      That long layoff must of been so hard for your husband and for you too. I am glad he is back at work but I am sure it will take you all a while to get back where you were before.
      About crockpot recipes, I plan on making lots of crockpot meals this school year. I will certainly share any that turn out well.

      Delete
  2. I miss Aldi so bad...wish it would make it out here to Colorado!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aldi is great! The one in this town just opened about a year ago and it has really helped me stretch our grocery funds.
      Aldi is expanding. I hope you get one soon, my parents and brother in NE Texas would really like one too.

      Delete
  3. Have you tried the new walmart.com/savingscatcher? It seems like a neat new way for some extra savings on walmart shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Karen, I just learned about that program but I will be signing up. Are you doing it?

      Delete
    2. Yes, I hope I can rack up some savings. We live in a small town here in OK so not a lot of competitors ads. It would probably work better in the larger cities since there are more grocery store ads for them.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh he is sweet but is not much of a helper, yet! And you will soon have 2 more helpers :)

      Delete
  5. That sleeping grand steals the show! ha. So sweet.

    Love that tiniest tomato by the quarter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grandson is adorable!

    I have gotten to the point in life that I hate going to buy groceries so I put it off until it is absolutely necessary. It's funny because I used to really enjoy going. Now I tend to go only when we are out of produce. Fortunately I have harvested
    about 8 pounds of green beans this week, so we are eating them like crazy.

    Meanwhile I am doing a super weeding out of accumulated "stuff". I have found more things in closets and drawers than I even remembered having. Most of it is going straight to The Salvation Army, with the exception of a few things I will attempt to sell on a local FaceBook trading site. BTW if any of you need a notebook, I might have found 1 or 50 to spare.

    I really would like to can them but I don't have a pressure canner. I froze a few small packs for future stir fries, but we don't like eating frozen green beans much. I think I might try pickling some since I still have loads on the vines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anne, I don't like shopping much either, I don't mind it much when I just need a few things though. Truly it is not so much the shopping but putting away a big batch of purchases is quite a task.

      About your 50 or so notebooks, at least paper doesn't usually spoil :)

      Delete
  7. Sorry, The Gods of Blogger changed the structure of the prior post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My tomatoes are all sorts of weird sizes too but mostly oddly huge grape tomatoes. I have that Crock Pot and want to warn you that it cooks quite hot. I burned some things at first so Thought I would warn you to keep an eye on it when using it the first few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lana for the warning. My big crockpot cooks hot and fast too. I usually start it cooking at lunch time if I want the crockpot meal done by supper.

      Delete
  9. Awww... what a sweet little guy!

    I love my crock pot! I use it at least once a week if no more. It is nice to have a hot meal ready on those busy days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you went for that little crock pot. When I was making the cranberry chicken recipe last week I didn't want to use the big crockpot for just two pieces of chicken. So I started mine in the smaller crockpot which I'd been reserving just for making yogurt. I will use the smaller one more often now that I'm not making yogurt so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, Walmart sells a 2 qt and a 4 qt crockpot. I considered the 2 qt but decided it might be too small. I think I will use this 4 qt often, I really like the removable liner and the shape of it will be easy to wash either by hand or to put in the DW.

      Delete
  11. Look at that little sweetie under the heirloom quilt...all that is precious summed up in one photo :)

    I had all of the kids here yesterday and the afternoon snack was tomatoes...we had a variety of a few cherry tomatoes, some normal looking Early Girls, and then the heirlooms are just starting and they usually look very weird. The biggest one was commented on as looking 'like a BUTT, Oma! " but it was quite delicious anyway, lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I am guessing a grandSON made that remark. They are funny little,things, aren't they?

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐