If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, November 14, 2014

another multi topic post

first,  I'll show the CVS deal I did this week- we won't run out of toilet paper anytime soon :)
The Kleenex and Scott were on sale and when you purchase $30 of it, you get back a $10 CVS gift card.  The paper towels were free with a coupon from the red coupon scanner box and is one that will print one time for every card holder.

I only had 1 manufacturer coupon ( I think I could of found more if I had looked harder but I didn't have time) but even still,  I got everything for $21.83 and got back another $10 gift card.  

To plan out  my CVS shopping,  I scan over the future ads posted at Slick Deals.Net in the Forums.   this site usually has the next 3-4 future weeks ads.
I don't plan to shop at CVS next week but I am going Thanksgiving week as CVS has lots of items that week that end up free with the extra care bucks refund.  So I will save that $10 gift card to roll on to those free deals.


that is our hall bathroom.  It had a 24 inch wide door on it which made it hard to get into if a person was using a walker or a wheelchair.  Our son is just an amazing handyman and he changed out the 24 inch door for a 36 inch wide door.
My husband changed out the toilet for a chair height toilet with grab bars.
it is really nice having family members that can do stuff like change doors and toilets and that happily do it!
about this bathroom,  the walls are pale yellow but I don't like the yellow rugs on the floor.  We had black ones in the past but they always looked lint-y.  We had white ones and they just got dirty fast.
Any decorating advice on what color or design of rugs would look good with yellow walls and black-white toile?


Grand daughter Andie was here with her handyman extraordinaire daddy. She like playing in the backyard dirt pit as much as her cousins.


Grand daughter Elizabeth was here that windy day too. She liked making bouquets out of catalpa tree leaves.  



Our weather has turned COLD and grandson JJ needed some long sleeve shirts.  I needed to drop some donations off at the thrift store so I shopped a little while I was there.  
I found lots of little boy long sleeve shirts and some comfy wind pants.

Notice the 5 tiny baby onesies on the top 2 rows?  They were just 10 cents each and since we are expecting 2 more grand babies,  I couldn't resist.  We don't know yet if these 2 new cousins are boys or girls and they won't be here until late spring.  
The waiting is hard but I am sure we will be so busy and the time will go fast. 

16 comments:

  1. You get the best stuff at thrift stores. I don't have much luck finding childrens clothing. Congrats on the new grands! Not much is sweeter then a new baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendi, there are 5 busy thrift stores in my town and 1 of them seems to have good children clothes at very low prices. I am sadly noticing that baby and toddler clothes are more plentiful there than older children clothes. But at least I can keep the little ones dressed on the cheap :)

      thrift stores really vary by area. When you travel, do you ever check out other thrift stores?

      Delete
  2. For your bathroom, how about a bright spot of color in a jewel tone, like ruby, amethyst, emerald, or sapphire?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new arrivals this spring!!! They are so lucky to have you as their grammie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your shower curtain, did you make it? I also love hearing about your CVS deals, it makes me wish we lived closer to civilization! We've been working at buying as much online as we can. Most of the deals are cheaper than grocery shopping and a tank of gas just to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Lori, I did not make the shower curtain but got a good deal on it on Ebay. I do know that Joann sells the very same toile though.

      I like to order things online too. It is easy, and especially nice when the weather is bad.

      Delete
  5. I need to get back to CVS shopping and build my stockpile a little! Congratulations on the new babies!

    For bathroom colors, maybe red? Or a jewel tone like Rozy Lass suggested above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shopping. And the clothes from the thrift store, great deals too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on two more grandbabies. You are going to be one busy grandma;-)
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so miss the CVS shopping. I think red would look nice in your bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would think a nice medium gray would work well for rugs which should pick up a bit of the color in the toile. Look at the shower curtain and choose a gray that is close to that. Gray is a neutral that will look nice with yellow, black and white.

    I am going to try to work CVS deals more closely and more often. I started this week with a small coup on Hershey kisses for the holidays and a plethora of store and manufacturer's coupons, and ECB reward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri- I like your Gray idea. Gray would look good with the butter yellow wall paint and gray is such a popular decorating color now, I am sure I can find rugs that color.

      About CVS, for us I think small purchases of on sale items with coupons and using a previous weeks ECBs or gift card is so profitable. We really do have some good stockpiles from CVS. Not DoomsDay prepper quantity stockpiles but several months worth.

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the new grandbabies. You did great at CVS, don't you love those deals when you can stock up?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I took your advice and got that CVS deal too. My store had lots of odd items marked at 75% off. I got poster boards for school projects for a dime! Good idea to save your ECBs for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new babies!!!!!! As you know we all love your thrift stores!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐