If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, November 7, 2014

CVS deal and a delicious new supper recipe

I haven't shopped for deals at CVS in a few weeks but when I saw this Huggies diaper deal,  it was one I knew I should do.
I followed these instructions to print my coupons .  I also had a CVS scanner coupon that took off another $1.50.
I spent $19.13 for 4 packs of diapers and got back a $10 CVS card that can be spent on just about anything. (I will be looking for a future deal to spend it on)  I especially like that the Consumer Queen had all the details of this deal in one place and it took almost no effort on my part to.  Some deals are just so complicated but this one was easy.




Have you read The Iowa Housewife's blog?  She has cooking tips and beautiful food photos with the recipes.  I read a pork chop recipe she had last week and was sure my husband would like it.  So,  I made it yesterday and it is a keeper recipe.  It is a lot like a chicken rice recipe I have made for years but this one has bell peppers in it.  
I cooked ours just like she did,  but used less salt and just used 3 large pork chops .

Thank you Sue~

11 comments:

  1. Wow I wish we would get those types of deals here. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great deal! I am trying to potty train my 3yr old but failing miserably. I have sworn I won't buy any more diapers- let's see if I stick to my guns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miranda, You are not a failure~ children are all different and do things at their own pace. My own children were about 3 when they said good bye to diapers. My 2 oldest grands were both easily converted before they were 2 1/2 and amazed me. But the middle grand is getting close to the 3 year mark and is not one bit interested in switching from diapers to panties.

      my mom says I trained myself before I was 2 - I guess I have always been a DIYer :)

      Delete
  3. I make a similar Pork Chop and Rice casserole and we love it. It's real comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome diaper deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It great when we find aweome deals on things we need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this post later yesterday afternoon and it so happened that Allen had gotten pork chops out to thaw in the late a.m.. So thought I we would try this. It was good and something alittle different. TFS the site!
    Great deal on diapers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you all liked it Lana- it is a good recipe and easy too

      Delete
  7. Many thanks for linking to this recipe as I love the look of this and will try it. Also now I have found another lovely blog.
    Great deal on the diapers (we call them nappies) I wish they would do coupons in Australia. I see amazing deals people get with them! Have a wonderful weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annabel, I am still not able to comment on your blog but I am going to try one more way of doing it. That is too bad there are not Australia coupons. I know Canada uses coupons and there are lots of coupons in the US.

      The Iowa Housewife is a lovely blog- lots of good recipes and fun cooking tips

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐