If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

So far this week.....

Yesterday was Election Day in the US.  I watched some of the news coverage about the results this morning, politicians on both sides were vowing "to get things done" 
I guess time will tell if they do. I'm not holding my breath though.......
I made out a short to do list on Monday and am thankful most of it is done and has been scratched off. 
We shopped at the commissary yesterday, which is a good but funny place to shop. 
The produce looked especially good and many of the things we wanted were good prices. Besides these 2 winter squash, we also bought yellow crooked neck squash and zucchini. I don't think we have ever bought 4 kinds of squash at one time. This is funny because my husband really only ate corn, green beans, potatos and salad when we got married, now he likes most everything. (Except cream cheese, sour cream and Ranch)

Most of the produce was priced by the pound. 
It was funny to me that our giant head of cabbage was priced by the head- it was just 33 cents for a head of cabbage that weighs almost 5 pounds. 

We will be eating lots of vegetables over the next few weeks.
And Even at the commissary, I use coupons! 

10 comments:

  1. I miss shopping at the commissary. Closest one is almost two hours away. I remember they do tend to have good produce. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 2 commissaries both an hours drive from us. They are so nice and much of the stuff has good prices so we are doing the bulk of our shopping there. We try to combine our trips with other errands. This week my husband had an appt at a VA hospital that is just 15 minutes from one commissary so we did both on the same day.

      Delete
  2. We seldom get good coupons. Great job on all the vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great price on the cabbage. Nice produce. Thank you for the comment about T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cabbage and could eat it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your squash look so yummy! And yes, a great price on the cabbage.

    My husband doesn't eat Ranch either or beets. I think that's pretty much the extent of his dislikes. Until recently he wouldn't eat black beans either. But then I put them in a recipe and he came to the conclusion that when he ate a black bean dish years ago, it must've been the recipe itself he didn't care and not the beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Mary Ann, we like black beans but we really prefer pinto or red beans.
      Awhile back I tried a chocolate cookie recipe that used black beans- it was NOT a keeper recipe for us :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like you found some good deals there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty the squash looks on your patchwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got some good deal Rhonda. I love squash too. We haven't had much good squash this year funny being that we live in the country. I so miss CVS ... it's hard only having a Dollar General in town.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐