If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Snow Tree - use what you have project

I packed all the Christmas things away yesterday. I left one tree up because I want to decorate it for Valentines. But it is just the first week of January and it still seems a little early for pink and hearts.

So I had the idea to do a snow themed tree since it is so cold! But I don't have any snow ornaments.
I looked on Pinterest last night for ideas and saw lots of cute ideas but I didn't have the needed supplies. So, I just went to bed and left the tree bare.

Then this morning, I thought about snowflakes and used my Cricut to cut assorted snowflakes out of white card stock.  I also found a box of clear glass craft ornaments that my daughter bought years ago (looking at the price tag, I am guessing in 2005)
I also got out a bunch of silver pipe cleaners and some beads.

The finished snow tree

We used white school glue and lots of glitter on the paper snowflakes 
My daughter and granddaughter swirled paint and glitter inside the clear balls. 

If you look close, you can see the silver pipe cleaner snowflakes my son made. 


I am really happy with this project that required no trips to a craft store. 
Later in the evening, our other granddaughter was here, she likes the snow tree too.

15 comments:

  1. I love the snowflake tree! I didn't decorate for Christmas this year, so I didn't have to take anything down. Since I'm the only one who enjoys putting a tree up every year, I'm planning on going with a small table top tree for next Christmas. It's no fun, when no one else likes to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I love it. So very pretty especially the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowflakes turned out great! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty winter tree! I love the homemade ornaments using what you already had at home, and that they were made with your kids and grands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea. I miss the lights after Christmas is packed up and put away. I think I will do that next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea!!! Now the wheels are turning for next year, our little ones would love this :) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea and easy peasy craft for the kids. I love when you have all you need on hand!
    I packed all my seasonal stuff away today.
    Still working to put my kitchen back in order.
    Happy New Year Rhonda!
    Off to check out all the posts I've missed recently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful! I took our Christmas stuff down Friday. I went ahead and put up my Valentine's decorations yesterday! It is early but last year, I forgot to decorate until the day before Valentine's so I'm making up for it. LOL

    Wanted to do some crafting so I looked on Pinterest and found two simple things I could do that required no purchases. My favorite way to do it! I will post about them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea! It's so pretty! Obviously, the children enjoyed it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks wonderful. What a fun home you have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great. I like to have a January snow tree, too. I'll take down my Christmas tree this week. Then, if my husband doesn't fuss too much, I'll put up a smaller tree and decorate it with snowflakes and snowmen. Then, I'll change it to hearts and red for Valentines in February.

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ever so clever. I'll look forward to the Valentine's tree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your winter tree. At work I was saying we should leave the lights up in the drive (they were white) and decorate the window thru out each holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this Rhonda! What a good idea. I like it when you have all the things you need at home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐