If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Ironing, Christmas clearance and CVS

Hello everyone! 
I let the ironing pile up (again!) So I spent part of an evening this week getting it all done while I binge watched YouTube.  There were 15 shirts to iron- 

6 blouses were mine and 9 shirts were my husbands.  
The ironing went fairly quick.  I still use this homemade version of spray starch,  
The jugs of liquid starch last a long time and I think I get the same results ironing with the homemade kind as I did with the much more expensive aerosol cans of starch.  

My original post about homemade spray starch HERE


I needed to go the bank today so I also stopped at Joanns fabric store.  Their Christmas was 75% off and all I bought was these 4 mugs.  They are big, maybe 18 ounces, and they are Christmasy but I plan to use them the rest of the winter.  The mugs were originally $5.99 each so at 75% off, all 4 mugs were $6.



I went to CVS one more time this week when I read about this deal on a Facebook group called Couponing at CVS.  The Eucerin and Aquaphor products are buy $20 and get $10 ExtraCareBucks.  
I also had a CVS app coupon for 30% all lotions.  
I actually got 2 tubes of the hand cream, my husband was already using one when I took the photo. 
I picked out products to get my total as close to $40 as possible.  
I used $29 in ExtraCareBucks I earned in previous purchases and that 30% off coupon.  
My total ended up just $1.17 and I got back $20 ExtraCareBucks and then 2 days, I earned $5 more in Beauty Bucks.  
This cold winter weather makes our skin dry and itchy so I am very happy to get all these high quality moisturizers for almost free.  

Happy new year to you all.  We are having a quiet evening at home and that suits us just fine.  

10 comments:

  1. There are so many deals at close of the year that I just must stay away from on line and brick and mortar stores. I am glad though that you got things you needed at a great bargain.

    As for ironing, I don't know what that is, lol. I literally do not iron anymore and don't buy anything that needs it save for a table cloth or small table cover.

    Happy New Year. I too am staying in and enjoying a free night post Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was you that I got the homemade starch idea from...thanks again. It has come in handy.

    I do hope you and your family have a joyous and peaceful New Year.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great on your deals on the lotions! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great on your deals on the lotions! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you got you ur ironing done! I have never thought of making my own spray starch. I am going to try this. I am going to try the recipe using corn starch since I have that on hand. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super deals!
    I didn't iron but did a fair amount of yelling during the ball game. During the course of the games I did get my laundry all done, so I will start 2016 with all clean clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the deals on the lotions! I've never tried Sta flo before I'm going to give that a try. Hope you have a great New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the directions on homemade spray starch! Isn't that funny that you'd write about that just when I ran out! My napkins were kinda limp without it. Those mugs are very pretty. Will have to give Joanne's a look over when I go to the big city for my shopping trip next week.

    Happy New Years!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Mrs. Rhonda,

    What an excellent wife you are. I stopped ironing Mr.B's shirts many years ago after becoming frustrated that he would repeatedly crush, crunch and wrinkle the newly ironed shirts in his closet and then request that I re-iron them. After 3-4 years, I finally told him that I would not be ironing his clothes anymore. Now, he generally wears his everyday shirts wrinkled and irons his nice ones, as needed, for church on Sunday mornings himself. He tried to get our teen aged daughter to iron his shirts for him. She did it once and he aptly proceeded to crunch, crush and wrinkle the newly ironed shirts in his closet. He, then, criticized her ironing skills. The next time he requested, told him that she had already ironed that specific shirt. He proceeded to re-iron it himself and has not asked her since because, "she doesn't know how to iron property and does a terrible job."

    LOVE the mugs and the price even more. If I lived close to a JoAnn's Fabric, I would be on the hunt for 2016 birthday and Christmas gifts.

    Happy New Year!
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be putting that homemade starch on my make list! Thanks for sharing. Yay on the deals at CVS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐