If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, March 20, 2017

First day of Spring

Happy Spring everyone.  For you readers in the southern hemisphere,  is this your first day of Fall? 

I usually start Monday off with a to do list.  This was taken early this morning and I've checked off several and added a few more tasks.  It won't all get done this week but a list will keep me track to get as much done as possible. 

I put on a new manicure last night- I like Impress press on nails.  A set has 30 assorted size nails and because my nails are pretty average size,  I can usually get 2 manicures from one set.  This is my second from this set.   


My husband does some frugal things.  The Lowes in our town sells their ripped or busted bags of all garden materials for $1 a bag.  He went this morning and got 17 bags of assorted soils and mulch. 
Our Oklahoma dirt is hard packed red clay and it won't grow much but weeds without some improvements added to it. 
Lowes even loaded it in his truck and gave him a 10% military discount on it all. 
view from the front of his pickup bed above and from the rear is below. 


I had planned to bake a Mexican casserole for supper but it was almost 90 degrees today- way too hot to have on the oven in the heat of the day. 
So I improvised and used most of  the ingredients that would of been in the casserole and we had make your own taco bowls. 
I cooked rice in a rice cooker,  heated up a can of jalapeno pinto beans and some frozen corn and also a container of my homemade taco meat that I keep in the freezer.  Toppings were cheese, salsa, jalapenos and diced tomatoes mixed with onion.
It was delicious and made me think of how Wendi needed to improvise meal prep at her home while their oven was out of commission. 


this evening I put out some Easter decorations.  I was tired of the green tree and we had this small white one in storage so I think it looks a bit more spring like 
The quilt was my baby quilt,  sewn by my great grandmother. 


Bunnies are lined up on the mantle. 
and the egg wreath is back on the front door- but this might be it's last season.  It has been re-glued many times and I think it has more hot glue on it than eggs now 

One of the projects we worked on last week was lightening up our home for warm weather.  You may of noticed the heavy curtains in the living room were switched back to the muslin ones edge with ball fringe. 
In the breakfast room,  we got rid of the white armoire that was on its last leg and moved the smaller refrigerator out to my husbands workshop.
The chest freezer is still in the nook but there was room to add back our old dining table.  I'm liking it so much!  there is a high chair at the end and its much more convenient to have meals here when a few kiddos are here instead of  in the formal dining room   We can also do crafts at this table with no danger of marring it. 
The heavy curtains on this bay window were switched back to pink toile ones. 

the pieces of "art" don't really match the room but they are things I know my grands will like seeing.  One is a cross stitch sampler of all 50 states made by Aunt Evelyn. 
The other is a calendar from the Holy City of the Wichitas.
I like seeing them too. 


28 comments:

  1. Hello there!
    I love you tree!
    So festive.
    Happy spring. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy Easter tree! And I love the deconstructed Mexican casserole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne ❤
      Last night we had chicken fajitas and we used the last tortillas so tonight' we will have fajita bowls with the leftovers.

      Delete
  3. Your Spring Decorations are so pretty. I can't believe it's already 90 degrees there!It is getting warmer here too though. What a deal on the mulch and soil amendments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      We were only 90 degrees one day, it's back to normal spring weather now, warm but not hot.

      Delete
  4. I love your white tree!! Your kitchen looks great! Thanks for the picture tour. We still have lots of snow on the ground and cold weather here (New England - MA)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meme.
      I imagine your weather has been drastically different than ours.

      Delete
  5. First thing I noticed was your pretty Easter tree and the lovely quilt. Love it! What a great deal your husband got on that soil. It's already 90 degrees down your way? Hope that isn't foretelling your Summer weather, or you'll be in for a real barn-burner. Love the tole curtains, too. Been doing some rearranging here, also. Stay cool!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. ❤
      We were only hot one day and warm for some others. It's back to 47 this morning but will warm up more.
      Who knows what summer will bring. We had 2 recent summers that broke records for how hot it stayed. But after those, I guess we can handle anything.

      Delete
  6. We'll have to check to see if our Lowes gives the deep discount on damaged bags. That is quite a deal! The egg wreath is adorable. My mother-in-law gave me a ton of plastic eggs last year so I might have to make one. Megan could probably do it with a little help. Your home is looking fresh... great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your Lowes does. You might just ask a garden worker there. My husband is there so often, they know him and make a point to tell him where to look.
      If Megan can use a hot glue gun, she could certainly make an egg wreath, mine uses a straw wreath for the base but Pinterest has lots of variations.

      Delete
  7. Love your Easter tree!
    I will be checking our Lowes too for some of those dollar bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie,
      Ask a Lowes Garden worker if you don't see them, hope you find some

      Delete
  8. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Pyrex dish with the divider down the middle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MamaHen. I have 2 of them and use them often.

      Delete
  9. Oh wow, that is one pretty Easter tree. Such a lovely idea Rhonda.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tania, we enjoy the Easter tree and our grands really like it too,

      Delete
  10. Very pretty! I'll have to check out our Lowes and see if they do the same thing. I never thought of that. Love the decorations. Unfortunately, I haven't even thought of decorations with being laid up because of my leg. That, and the foot of snow on the ground! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri, i hope your Lowes marks them down too. You might ask a Lowes garden worker if they do.
      I don't imagine you are doing any gardening or decorating with your leg being immobilized.
      Hope you are better and can get back to your normal activities soon,

      Delete
  11. You have such a pretty and festive home for Easter! I have never seen an Easter tree before. That's such a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a good deal your husband got at Lowes! A pickup truck sure does come in handy. I like your improvised cooking idea when it was too hot to have the oven on. (And that's crazy that it was almost 90 there already!) Your Easter tree looks so pretty and cheerful and I love the valances in your dining room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a pickup is nice. Our son in law has a pickup but he was Lowes recently in their small SUV and he brought home a lot of $1 bags of garden stuff, maybe 12.
      It was just 90 here one day, we are back to normal temps now.
      Thank you for the compliments ❤

      Delete
  13. I love your Easter/spring tree. Yes Autumn has arrived, it's been raining for the last 4 days, as a work colleague said 'it's wet rain", meaning it's light but persistent. The clocks go back next week. I am glad, I'm a lark, I love a little light when I get up 6 am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aunty Bee, thank you for the answer.
      We just switched our clocks back so it is dark in the morning, and since I'm like you, it's not my preference.

      Delete
  14. Hello Mrs. Rhonda,
    I gave you and your blog a "shout out" in my most recent post.
    I like your Easter tree, it is so cheery. All the spring updates to your décor are lovely. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful and creative ideas with us.
    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs B, ❤ you are sweet.
      I'll be right over to visit

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐