If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Thanksgiving eve

Thanksgiving 2019 

Smoked ham and turkey breast - Jeff is cooking outside 
Mashed potatoes- Rex
Dressing - John Mark 
Sweet potato casserole- me - made and will heat Thursday 
Corn casserole - me 
Deviled eggs - me and made today 
Green beans - me - May be plain, May be a casserole, may be both 🤷🏻‍♀️
Gravy - me 
Rolls - me 
Pumpkin and pecan tarts - Nina 
Relish tray- baby dills, green olives and celery with cheese
Cheese ball- Jimmy
Jello salad - Jimmy 




So Thursday morning,  I’ll need to put the purchased, frozen rolls out to thaw and rise, then bake just before we eat about noon. 
Stir up the corn casserole and bake it with the sweet potato casserole
Decide and do green beans 
Make gravy
Make relish plate 

Just before lunch, we will set out the buffet and everyone will serve theirselves.  



My husband surprised me with fresh flowers for both tables.  I’m pretty sure he bought them at Sprouts.  
I made the felt leaf coasters years ago,  inspired by some I saw in a magazine for  
$20 a set.  





We’re using disposable plates and utensils,  
To make them a little easier,  I wrapped them in bundles. 






The eggs and sweet potato casserole are prepared and in the fridge,  just hanging out until tomorrow.  



Our Thanksgiving preparations  have been easy and stress me, 
I’m especially thankful this year to have so much help.  


Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving 2019 
❤️Rhonda 

9 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! The table is very pretty with coasters, doily and flowers. I made 3 cheeseballs, peanut butter pie today. Tomorrow will be a cherry cream cobbler and broccoli/cauliflower chicken rice casserole. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Rhonda! We are going to my mom's house tomorrow. She is going all out with literally everything homemade, even the rolls and the pumpkin pie is being made with fresh pumpkin...she irons the tablecloth and napkins!! Too fussy for my tastes, but she's a Southern Belle and this is her thing. ;-) I am helping by making corn casserole, roasted carrots, homemade cranberry relish and heating up a spiral ham to bring along, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Rhonda. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
    I'm working today, but taking Thanksgiving dinner to the theater for my coworkers, two of whom are my children, and Greg will join us. Pumpkin pie in the oven now and my house smells wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your festive decorations! Your husband is a dream---getting the flowers :) Your menu sounds fantastic...we are going to my sister's and all I have to bring is green bean casserole and cranberry orange relish. Easy for me! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! We were going to go down to Dublin for a family meal, but decided to stay home instead. We are resting today, and I'm just making a roast in my new pressure cooker. I've never done it before, just fingers crossed! I am making cauliflower 'mashed potatoes' for Obie and I, and I told the Redneck if he wants real taters, he would have to grab a couple when he runs to the store in a bit. I'll make a gravy from roast drippings, and a big salad. We love family, but a day to simply REST with just our little family, is rare, so we're going to enjoy it. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving. I love your posts they always inspire me to be a little neater and work a little harder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a great thanksgiving..it all looks and sounds like it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks beautiful! I hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐