If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, May 18, 2020

May news #8 - mostly cooking

Hello everyone 

I finally made the chicken broth this morning.  I used vegetable scraps and chicken backbones, both saved from previous food prep and saved in freezer bags.  I put them in the crockpot and added water and let them cook all day on high.  




After cooking and straining,  there was close to a gallon of rich chicken broth.  I don’t add salt to mine.  The storebought broths are usually so high in sodium and we just don’t need that much extra salt.  


It will stay in the fridge all night.  Tomorrow, I’ll skim off the fat and freeze the broth in meal size containers.  
Homemade broth is easy and is almost free as it’s made from food that many people throw away.  


Supper was meatloaf made with this recipe.  I did alter it a bit,  using whole eggs, omitting the Worcestershire and doubling the recipe.  
Skinny Meatloaf



My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe.  I took some to my parent’s home and our son’s home and they all enjoyed it too.  
I will make this recipe again.  


This week’s to do list 



Hope you all are well
❤️ Rhonda 

6 comments:

  1. That is some beautiful looking broth! So much healthier and tastier than store bought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making stock in my crock pot--so easy. I'm making meatloaf today for lunch--great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make my own chicken and veggie broth using the same method you do. It's amazing how much stock you can make using food scraps that would normally be thrown away! Such a money saver. Your meatloaf looks good. I have leftover grilled chicken breasts in the fridge right now that need to be used up. I'm going to look on Pinterest for some dinner ideas. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how organized you are, you are my idol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That meatloaf looks so good!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐