If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

May news #10

Good morning ☀️  

First is my weekly to do list




We had a great visit Friday evening with our son and the 3 grands that don’t live in our town 
The weather was nice and we stayed on the patio.  My husband grilled some burgers and sausages.  The kids played and desssert was ice cream treats from the freezer.  


It’s hard to get a photo with them all 3 smiling but RJ is really a very happy kid,  but like so many of us, he’s not crazy about being told to do something 



Aren’t these pretty biscuits?  Sorry, they are not from scratch........
  I just baked them, they are Walmart frozen biscuits and are really good.  


I filled them all with a slice of Canadian bacon and 1/2 slice of cheese and then froze them again. 
They reheat in the microwave in 90 seconds and my husband is happy to have them for breakfast.  



Yesterday was a grocery pickup day.  It was mostly fresh stuff as we have plenty of staples.  
Not shown are some mini ice cream sandwiches and sodas.  
More grandchildren will be here this week and they are all fans of the little yogurts with M&Ms.  



A little more food prep was making a big salad and dicing 4 big onions. 
I like to dice them all at once and have them ready for cooking- makes cooking meals one step quicker.  



I didn’t take a photo but last’s nights supper was really good.  
I did make a few changes- I used ground turkey and added onions.   I also skipped using a mixing bowl,  just added all the wet ingredients to the pan with the cooked meat and onions and then poured it into the baking dish. 
Mine filled a 13x9 casserole almost 1/2 full and I think it would be a great family meal.  



And a retro photo- my cousin posted this on Facebook.  I’m the little girl,  I’m guessing I’m about 8.  
My mom and dad were always the most glamorous people in our little town even though they didn’t really try to be,  they just were.  
Mom sewed both our dresses.  
People make fun of June Cleaver because she wore heels and pearls all the time,  I don’t think my mom usually was that dressed up but she always looked and dressed nice ❤️ 




Hope you’re all well ❤️
Rhonda 

21 comments:

  1. Too bad none of you kids got your mom's red hair.8-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom has great hair but that red was from the beauty shop. Like Lucille Ball red ❤️ It was very striking

      Delete
  2. Gosh everything looks so good. Cute kids!! Love the look back in time. Wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of cutting the onions at once - I will try that! It would make meal prep much faster for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes time to cut them all up but it saves so much time when I’m trying to Put together a meal fast.

      Delete
  4. Great family picture! I'm wondering how long do the onions last in the jars? Do you store them in the refrigerator? It's nice you were able to spend some time with your son and his kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello LaurieS
      I keep the onions in the fridge in jars with good seals. They keep at least a week. I like to add generous helpings when recipes call for onions

      Delete
  5. How long do the onions last when you dice them like that all at once?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, the onions last a good week, in a jar with tight lid, in the fridge

      Delete
  6. I love the photo! What was the recipe for the casserole you made? Maybe you could post it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a link in the post to the recipe but I’ll try to write it up how I did it,
      I just had a leftover helping for lunch and it was just as good as reheated as it was fresh cooked last night

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, we like home made food and having some of the work done ahead really makes it quicker in my opinion

      Delete
  8. Glad you got to spend some time with grands. Cute photo! I wish people were still so glamourous. I'm going to give your recipe a try.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you.
      I think your menfolk will enjoy the taco bake, it seems pretty versatile to me

      Delete
  9. Love your pics ..the grandkids look happy. Those biscuits do look good...I'll have to try some sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and those biscuits are good. Pillsbury ones are good but the Great Value are cheaper and exactly the same

      Delete
  10. Loved the pictures! Beautiful/handsome family! (both grands and your "vintage" photo!)

    I chop onions ahead as well---but I freeze them in small freezer bags. They thaw very quickly. Just wouldn't be good if you needed the crunch of fresh in a salad, for example. But, for cooking---so easy!

    Looks like you have (another) busy week ahead! Be well---

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love seeing your meal prep. My husband has been chopping up onions, peppers, zucchini, etc. so he can cook veggies for his breakfast each morning. His are in re-used plastic bags. Yours look so elegant in the glass jars. Either way, you both get the job done and speed up the prep. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, the blessings of grandchildren...hopefully, I will have some of my own some day. I think your grandson looks like you. I didn't realize you can pre-chop onions. I have to try that one of these days. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐