If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, May 30, 2020

May News #11 weekend reading

Posting about noteworthy internet things for Weekend Reading is something Terri  @ Blue House Journal and Down To Earth  do and I’m going to share one to start.  
Like Merchant Ships  was one of the first blogs I ever read.  Meridith was the author and she published between 2005-2010.  She lived a very frugal life and did it with much beauty and class. 


She doesn’t seem to be still be blogging but does very occasionally post a link on Tumblr and that is linked in my favorites in the sidebar here. 
Meredith has beautiful photos and isn’t long winded so it’s easy to read her blog like a magazine.  I think most of her ideas are timeless too.  
I find her very inspirational and just pleasant to read.  

Look up  
Like Merchant Ships - I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.  

Do any of you know if she is still online anywhere? 



It’s been a busy week here.  Grandchildren were here lots while one of their parent’s  had outpatient surgery and is recovery very nicely now.  

We had fun going on walks,  making lots of Perler bead things and eating most meals on the patio.  

I’m afraid I let them use devices quite a bit too but I do monitor what they’re playing. 

3 little boys all clean after evening showers 


Yesterday was just my husband and I.  
I made some fresh salsa- or pico de gallo 
I used grape tomatoes because they were on sale and have lots of flavor, garlic powder, red onion, fresh jalapeño, fresh cilantro  and lime juice.  


The tomatoes are a bit tedious to chop but with a sharp knife, it goes fast.  
There are no specific amounts - I used 2 boxes of tomatoes, about 2/3 onion, all of the jalapeño (it was a mild one) and all the cilantro in the photo.  Then add garlic salt and lime to taste,  

We had it was a pantry meal - what we call nachos.  
Spread refried beans on tortilla chips, tostado shells or taco shell broken in half.  Top with jalapeños as desired and grated cheese as desired.  
Bake at 400 degrees until hot. 
Last night we used jarred nacho cheese sauce instead of fresh cheese and it was delicious. 


Serve with fresh salsa and it was so good! 

This is a quick meal when you need to feed people and don’t want to serve meat or don’t have meat thawed out.  


Hope you all have  a nice weekend 
❤️ Rhonda 






2 comments:

  1. I've been making pico this spring also. I only have 1 jar of canned salsa in the pantry, and am saving that for a rainy day. As long as I can get the fresh ingredients, I'll make it. It last a surprisingly long time. I save leftover taco meat in the freezer for nacho nights. Or quickly poach a garlic powder seasoned chicken breast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder about Like Merchant Ships. I read her blog regularly, back in the day. Now I've gone back to the beginning and am very much enjoying reading my way through!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐