If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, May 17, 2020

May news # 7 - ordinary days

Hello everyone 
From comments from you all,  y’all  seem to like posts about everyday things.  I’m just doing plain, basic stuff right now so that’s what I’ll write about. 
But some people may think this kind of post is as boring as watch paint dry.  

Some of my grandchildren were here for their first sleepover in more than 2 months. They were so happy to be here and I know their parents enjoyed a break.  
We made play dough with corn starch and hair conditioner.  It makes a very soft, fragrant play dough and it cleans up easily.  
I’ve read you can do this with lotion instead of conditioner but I’ve never tried that.
It’s made with equal parts of both ingredients and then just add little dabs if it’s too dry or too wet.  
To make it thrifty,  use a bottle of conditioner from the DollarTree or use a bottle you already have at home but don’t like.  



We went for a walk and this one picked a bouquet of wildflowers for me ❤️

I went to my parent’s retirement home this afternoon and we visited with them on their 2nd floor balcony and me on the ground.  
It’s better than nothing.  They expect to be “Lock in” for 3-4 more weeks but who knows? 
I took them some pizza, art work from the grands,  bottoms of dress pants I hemmed for my son (my mom will use them in her crazy quilts) and newspapers.  

Besides hemming pants,  I altered the waist on a pair of my pants and sewed a simple swim poncho from an extra-long beach towel.  
It’s for the tallest granddaughter.  Her mom bought the towel and I just cut a neck hole and added wide bias tape to finish the seam.  
Her other grandparents have a very nice backyard pool so she can swim even if all the public places are not safe right now.mm


Meals have been simple too. 
Our weather has been mild and we’ve enjoyed outside several meals.


This very basic pepper steak as delicious.  It was diced up cube steak,  bell peppers from last summer’s garden, onions, and a spicy Szechuan sauce from Aldi,  served on rice.  



Those are the highlights from some ordinary days during this pandemic.  
❤️ Rhonda 











7 comments:

  1. Hmmm..I have no need for play dough, but I do like to experiment. Can it harden if I make something of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be fun to play with a small amount kind of like a stress reliever but no, it doesn’t really harden like some clays.

      Delete
  2. I will have to keep that play dough recipe in mind next time I have a young person around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those children are getting so big! I have to look for the Szechuan at my Aldi. We love it. Is it new? I have not found any before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Szechuan sauce we used was bought a while back and was one of those items Aldi brings in just for that event, but I’m not sure. It was good but strong. Next time I will add it to some beef broth and corn starch for thickening. I only used about 1/4 of the bottle.

      Delete
  4. You have beautiful grandchildren...am sure you were delighted to have them come and visit!

    My MN grands spent 2 weeks with their other grandparents....they loved it and it gave their parents a much-needed break! They are only 45 minutes away from them.

    We had to cancel our 10th annual family vacation with the kids and grands at the Wisconsin Dells. We are sad about that. Right now we are doing a Sunday Zoom with all of us to stay connected...the littles don't stick around for the 1.5 hour visit, so it's just the adults!

    Thanks for posting...Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boys helped me move the picnic table to the patio a few weeks ago, and we eat lunch out there when it's nice. It's nice to mix things up so each day is not the same.
    Looks like the kids had fun visiting. I'm sure you've missed having them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐