If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, December 11, 2020

Blogidays December 11 - supper, books and a pretty mantle


Hello everyone 
Tonight we are having chili and hot dogs for supper.  I plan to loosely follow this recipe and cook it on the stovetop and will let you know tomorrow how we like it.
We like lentil taco filling but I’ve never put lentils in chili before. 


turkey lentil chili recipe link ⬅️⬅️⬅️⬅️


Books I’ve been reading 

I like 80% of this book.  I liked reading  about how some pilots trained for WWII as I imagined this could of been how one of uncles trained during then. 
The part I didn’t like was the awful 2nd husband of the lead character so I just skimmed through that part. 
But all the history about life during WWII was so interesting.  

I’m in the middle of this book.  




This is book #9 in the Darling Dahlias series, set place in a tiny Alabama town in the 1930’s.  Each book is stand alone but I think they are better if you read the whole series.  
I got most of mine from Thriftbooks.com  but I’m pretty sure they are available at public libraries.  



My daughter works in a library and reads a lot.  I knew she would think was funny 

And speaking of my daughter,  below is her 2020 mantel and tree 

I don’t read as much as she does but I have been enjoying reading.  
Any book recommendations?   

Merry Christmas 
❤️ Rhonda 

9 comments:

  1. I've made a very similar lentil dish, but without the meat. It was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lentil chili, but we grow 1/4 of the worlds lentils here. I love to read and it has a tendency to take over my life when I start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided I cannot read until I get everything for Christmas finished, but I might do nothing but read the week after!

    Your mantle is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rhonda,
    I'm loving your blogidays...fun to see what you are up to each day. Haven't done much reading, other than reading blogs, in the middle of completing 4 quilts for Christmas gifts. I know it sounds crazy, but I think I'm actually going to make it. I'm using a new quilt as you go technic and it's really working out well. I've been working on them since early Sept. Merry Christmas to you & yours...hope the new year is a good one for all of us.
    Also, wanted to ask what is going on with Frugal Things Every Day. The last time this blog went MIA you pointed me in the right direction for access again. Love reading both of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made different lentil soups and I've made lentil tacos, but I've never made a lentil chili before. You'll have to let us know how it turns out.

    I read a lot...about 50 books/year. I'm on Goodreads, if you or anyone reading this comment want to follow me there.

    Your daughter's mantel is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought lentils this week for my family to try. We haven't had them before.
    The books sound interesting. I love reading about both WWII and the 30's, as well as the late 1800s and early 1900's.
    I'm enjoying your daily posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy your blog but haven't commented so this looked like a good one to comment on, and I am going to give the book a try about the WWII bride. :) I love your common sense and old fashioned way of doing things, and even the sweet gifts you buy for your grandchildren, love the sweet traditional baby dolls. Our family is all about the sweet baby dolls and all that goes with that.

    I am almost finished with a book you may also enjoy, it's called: "The Other Side of Infamy: My Journey through Pearl Harbor and the World of War" by Jim Downing, one of the first Navigators. My daughter was able to meet him at the anniversary of Pearl Harbor several years ago, he was a speaker. She said she could tell he was a Christian the way he spoke and handled himself. He lived to over one hundred. It's an interesting book of his life and what he experienced.

    Have a sweet Christmas! Your blog is so nice. ~Amelia at My Forest Cathedral.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the middle of My Dear Hamilton - it's historical fiction about Alexander Hamilton's wife, Eliza, written from her viewpoint.

    I had some lentils from Bountiful Baskets and added them to taco filling when the kids were living here. Stretched that pound of meat, I tell you. We even had leftovers. None of the kids even noticed, and the grown-ups ate it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐