If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Junk pantry clean out 2022 #5



It was a big and messy project but the it’s finished and the junk pantry is now the microwave closet.  

 It’s hard to photograph as it has a narrow door and the shelves extend more than a foot on each side of the door.  



Right side 



Left side 



The process ——

The pantry had to be emptied and it was all spread out on the kitchen counters and the dining table  😱 what a mess process!



My husband added boards to make the 3 lower shelves 4 inches wider- that made the microwave shelf wide enough to hold the whole oven and it increased the storage space on all 3 shelves a lot. 
He was cutting the wood outside on a very cold day and then coming in and out of the house so  that’s why he is wearing the very warm hat 

He also removed an obsolete home security box from this pantry and that added some storage space. 
Because that previous system was electric, there was already an electric receptacle where the microwave could be plugged and get power.  


I added new shelf paper and cut it on the breakfast room table.  
Its plain white Duck brand, made in the USA and bought at Lowes.  I’ve put shelf paper on every shelf in our house and Duck brand holds up the very best.  



The new rack on the door is from Amazon.  It adds more storage and is narrow enough that it does not hit the pantry shelves when the door closed. 

Side by side 
  
before                                                                                        After 


If you’re wondering about the pink roses,  I redid this pantry back in 2010, when sponge painting roses was a shabby chic thing 


❤️ Rhonda 

10 comments:

  1. I have a very similar pantry. Do you find that things on the far edges of those wider shelves are harder to remove?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE! it always seems any cleaning projects makes a big mess while doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks so great!!!! I miss my pantry; I have open shelves here and it makes the room feel SO cluttered. Your place looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job. Isn't it funny how a project can just mess up the whole dang house? And you are really trying to make things easier. I like the new rack I might order one of those for daughter. I do not like the rack she has in her kitchen I am always afraid it is going to fall apart, and everything come crashing down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The roses are charming. That is a project that looks amazing. You are lucky to have someone willing and able to help. I could do that kind of project, your part and his, but no longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job. You now have lots of room for the microwave and great about the plug in.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job! I know you must have been a little discouraged during the clearing our and waiting on shelves to be built in etc but it certainly was well worth it! And you'll appreciate that extra counter space with the microwave in the closet now. I seldom use my own microwave and threaten weekly that when it dies (which it shows NO signs of doing as it's a very good microwave, lol) I'll never have another. But we use it just enough that we would miss it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful space...I love the stencils too! All these projects are perfect for this wintertime weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I so admire what you did! I love dejunking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐