If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

May 11 - crazy Walmart delivery order

I bought groceries on Monday at Aldi for the week. 
But they didn’t have the sugar-free Gatorade that my husband likes to drink after he has been doing things outside.
 So I decided to do a Walmart delivery order. I ordered 2 12 packs of his Gatorade and then I needed to add a few things to bring the total up to $35 for free delivery. 
So I added two bags of flour, a box of Triscuits that my granddaughter really enjoys  and 12 big cans of tomato sauce.
 I  use canned tomato products often to make things like chili and big batches of homemade pasta sauce.
The Gatorade will be delivered tomorrow but I got the other items today.


So just imagine my surprise when there were eight or nine bags on my front doormat after the delivery.
I ordered 12 cans of sauce but I was delivered about 35 cans of sauce! I haven’t taken all of them out of the bags yet So I’m not exactly sure of the exact number they delivered.
 I have no idea how this huge this mistake happened-  

Circled in yellow are the 12 that I ordered and had put away. And then my husband said wait, what about all these other bags? 

I have notified Walmart about the mistake but I have not heard back from them yet.
 Other times when I have received extra Walmart things I didn’t order, they have said sorry about the mistake and please keep them as a gift or pass them onto someone else.

Crazy, right? 




❤️ Rhonda 


10 comments:

  1. Hmmm, that is one huge mistake. Mind you, you now have lots of tomato sauce should last you awhile if they don't want it back.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure they (Walmart) will tell you not to worry about it. Just double check to make sure you were not charged. I have had this happen, checked my reciept to make sure I was not charged. They just told me to keep the product or pass on. One time I got about 20$ of cat food. I don't have a cat only dogs. My neighbors were happy to have it for their cat Twigs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Son2 quit ordering from them as they habitually delivered 2 hrs. later than should have, half his order would be given to someone else or he would get part of someone else's order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say your good luck. I feel confident that they made a mistake and will tell you to keep. From what I hear they do that stuff a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walmart grocery delivery has been a Godsend to me. I have trouble with my balance and getting up the front steps and into the house with groceries kept getting harder and harder. I've had a few bad experiences such as late deliveries but those always happened close to a holiday so now I don't order deliveries within a day or two of a holiday. One thing that I really like is that if they have to make a substitution they usually give you something that is worth more than the original item. On one of my orders I wanted two Cornish hens and they substituted two BAKING hens for the same price. I think that it depends on the person who does the shopping for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might not be buying tomatoes for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness...if they say to keep them! I once had the neighbors order delivered to my door. They had to bring their truck to come pick them up.
    I need to do walmart orders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rhonda,
    Just checking in to see if you are all doing ok. Take care.
    Barb in PA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐