If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, August 7, 2022

BEDA #7 getting ready for school to start

First,  about subscriptions and following,  I put the subscription gadget back on the sidebar.  I don’t know how it works and I have no control over it.  
Maybe one of you who isn’t subscribed can try it out and let me know if it worked.  

About counts and page views,  I’m not concerned about my numbers.  This blog is not monetized.
I blog to be in contact with other homemakers and it’s also serves as diary for me.  Sometimes I go back and look at my old posts.  I always see things I don’t remember and it’s nice to see them again.  

On to homemaking things……
These pencils are my daughter’s project.  
At the boy’s elementary, it’s a tradition for every classroom to have a personalized pencil around their door. 
This year, there are 4 new teachers so they all needed a new pencil.  They are about 3 feet long.  
She painted them and the letters are cut from scrapbook paper and everything was sealed with Mod Podge.  

The kids and both parents will all pack lunches. 
I baked some fund-raiser cookie dough today.
Some was left out for eating today and the rest was packed in small bags and froze. 

Later when I had helpers,  we made homemade uncrustable type peanut butter sandwiches.  
That’s Elizabeth, I’m sure long time readers will be surprised how grown up she looks.  She’s 12. 
  
Now the cookies and sandwiches are waiting in the freezer.  
There will be lots more lunch ingredients needed but I’m happy there is a start.  

US School lunches were free pretty much since the start of the pandemic but they aren’t free now except for some income groups.  

❤️Rhonda 









4 comments:

  1. Both breakfast and lunch are free at our nearby elementary school because of the overall income of the kids there. Our neighbor told me that the breakfasts are junky things like a pop tart and a carton of milk and their kids won't touch it. That is sad since many of those children need good nutrition since those meals be the only ones they have in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea making those sandwiches ahead like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is getting so big. Those look like better solutions than buying cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since Layla started school in the midst of the free lunches, I haven't been asked to make her a school lunch until now. Remember when I'd make the boys' lunches sometimes and post them on IG? She and I looked at those the other day and she gave me a rundown on what was acceptable, and what was a hard NO. Lol. She asked me to make her a small pepperoni rose like we put on charcuterie boards (on the rare occasion we do charcuterie boards...). So for her first lunch on Friday, she'll get a small charcuterie rose.
    I won't make her lunch all the time, but it will be fun to play with it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐