If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

November news 🦃🍁🥧

Hello everyone 
Today was getting things started for our Thanksgiving meal on Thursday.  
I think 10 of us will be here
I’ve started a pile on the  counter for the Thanksgiving ingredients, 
I saw Manuela at  https://acultivatednest.com/ had links to several free printable Thanksgiving planner sheets.  I’ve always just made my list on plain paper but this year, I printed off a few sheets that worked for me.  I plan to keep them and reference them year to year.  

Our 3 little house guests wanted to help peel the potatoes so I said sure! 

I diced onions and celery for dressing,  chopped pecans for several dishes and diced some onions just for anytime we need diced onion.  


We also grated some really sharp cheese to make pimento cheese to eat in celery.  


Earlier this month,  my husband and I spent 9 days in Branson, Missouri.  The trip had been planned for months with reservations and show tickets all paid for.  My husband has several back issues and one of them flared up shortly before we left.  But he still wanted to go so we did.  He was physically hurting most all of them time though 
There are many things to do in Branson and we like the musical shows best. 
We saw The Haywood’s, Clay Cooper, Hot Rods and High Heels, Christmas Wonderland, Jersey Boys, Hughes Family Christmas,  The Gatlin Brothers, The Bellamy Brothers and The Oak Ridge Boys- and maybe a few others but I can’t recall them as I type this.  
We stayed in a condo and ate most of meals there.  We didn’t shop except to get groceries at a huge, fairly new Aldi in Branson and of course Walmart.  
It was cold in Branson!  
We had a good time and got our fill of vacationing.  
And this homebody is happy to be home 🏠 

The Gatlin Brothers 
Jersey Boys - we learned the young man on the left side of the photo graduated from the university in our town. 
 He is an amazing singer and we also saw him in Christmas Wonderland 
Hot Rods and High Heels- a 50s theme show 

Clay Cooper 



Our sweet Cora- she is growing fast!  She likes plain raw carrots and doesn’t want them cut up.  

A funny joke about inflation 



Although there is really nothing funny about inflation.  
I know many people are truly struggling right now


❤️ Rhonda 

10 comments:

  1. Glad you will have your family all together and you have some great helpers! They sure are cute!
    Wat a wonderful trip. It sounds great. I hope your hubs is feeling much better.
    Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your trip sounds like fun! I love shows like that. Glad you had a great time! Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear that you and your hubby had a getaway to Branson, but sorry that his back issue was flaring. I can unfortunately relate! (Right now I'm doing well and I'm always very thankful for that.)

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. We're going to my aunt's house.This morning I made two big pans of roasted root veggies and now I'm going to get started on a corn casserole and cranberry relish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just came home from 5 days at Big Cedar....we shopped at the new Aldi while we were there too...it was packed.
    We went with another couple, friends from western OK. All we did was cook, eat, play dominoes, walk, work jigsaw puzzles, wrap Christmas presents....no shopping, no shows...lots of walks, lots of coffee. It was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh! You are so organized, Rhonda. Sorry about the hub's sore back, but I'm glad you had a good time in spite of it.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry that your hubby's back was paining him on your holiday, but I am glad that you both went.

    Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    We had 12 people - one no dairy and one no gluten. I was able to feed them both with a few tweaks.
    We did almost all of our cooking Tuesday and Wednesday. It made this morning so easy, I even got a shower before everyone got here! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fine looking bunch of kids! That sounds like a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so nice to have helpers in the kitchen! The trip you took sounds amazing! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rhonda! I came across your blog in Kate Singh's new book (did you know she recommended you?). I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts! I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2023!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐