If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Frugal February #2 use what you have



Hello again 
We haven’t had a dish of nuts to just crack and eat for snacks for quite awhile.  I was thinking an official nut dish would be nice so I looked on Amazon, EBay and Mercari.
  I found some nice ones but they seemed awfully expensive for a seasonal use item.  So I wondered how to make a nut bowl that would contain the mess and still look nice.
I had this Longaberger basket with a liner and it works great for the nuts.  
To hold the crackers and picks,  I used a little cup, also something we already had.  

Grandsons especially think it is fun to crack nuts.  
After looking at this photo,  I think it’s time to clean out the shells and maybe refill it.  

The link below is from Little House Living.  
It says it is all the frugal tips you will ever need.  
I did think it was a useful article and might be of interest to some of y’all.  






❤️Rhonda 

8 comments:

  1. I found my nutbowl with a place for picks and nutcracker at a yard sale. It was cheap and works. The ones at stores are too expensive for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s great! I used to go to lots of yard sales but since 2020, I haven’t got back to them. Maybe I will this spring

      Delete
  2. Great remedy for a nut dish! I remember cracking nuts a lot as a kid. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun and I remember doing it when I was growing up too.

      Delete
  3. We haven't cracked nuts in years now. Not even sure if the stores sell whole nuts here at Christmas anymore. Looks like you came up with a great substitution.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found ours on Walmart pickup and they are pretty good

      Delete
  4. Hi Debbie, I just discovered she sometimes makes Youtube videos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom always put out nuts and a nutcracker for Christmas, so I did, too, when I was first married. We didn't ever really eat them, so after a few years, I didn't bother anymore. I'll have to see if the grandboys would like to try it. (Miss L can't have tree nuts.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐