If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, September 10, 2026

It’s been almost 6 months

Hello everyone,
I want to get back to blogging and I wondered if I should about highlight from the last 6 months but that seems daunting so I just going to jump back in with today.  

[

It has been such a hot and dry long summer in Oklahoma.  
I’ve done almost zero baking and meals have mostly been low-prep dishes cooked in a slow cooker to keep the house from heating up even more.  

But praise God,  we woke up to rain and the coolest temperatures we’ve had since May.  
So,  it seemed like a great time to bake a real dessert.mm
My husband said peach cobbler sounded best to him.  
I put almost 40 pounds of Colorado peaches in the freezer this summer so I used some of them in a Fannie Farmer recipe.  







I made half a recipe and baked them in 4 little pie pans.  
They were delicious and hit the spot after not having fresh baked desserts all summer.  
This crust was different from traditional crust as it called for baking powder, sugar, butter and cream.  


It’s a good recipe but I think we prefer a regular pie crust that uses just flour, salt, shortening and ice water.  


 This post is formatting weird,  It shows how rusty I am at blogging.  
But I really do plan to start posting  regularly.  

❤️ Rhonda 


8 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Have checked often waiting for your return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I’m sorry I was gone so long

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The peaches in this cobbler were delicious, but I can’t say I recommend that crust recipe

      Delete
  3. Hi Rhonda. FYI the blogs on the side are not updating. Just thought I should let you know. Glad you are back!
    Bun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I’m sorry. It is a glitch with blogger and there’s nothing I can do about it
      Some of the blogs at the bottom of the list still active, but they don’t come up to the top even though they make new posts.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back. Those look yummy! My oven finally broke down this summer(21 years old). Just got a new one from Lowes last week. Haven’t had a chance to use the oven yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 21 years is a long time for a stove to last in this century. Our appliances seem to last about five years and then they are done.

      I hope you like your new oven

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐