If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, September 24, 2026

not the best blogger

hello everyone
Two weeks ago I had plans to try to Blogg every day, but obviously that has not happened.
But I have taken some pictures along the way and I’ll just share those

I did completely finish one of the twin quilts for this room.
This room has two beds and I have the Quilt top made for the other bed,  I just need to spend time finishing it.

I’ve  been to a thrift store twice over the last two weeks.
The 16-year-old granddaughter has turned into a crocheter and she wanted any kind of yarn I could find
The bags of yarn are very full. One of them had some thicker yarn, maybe it’s referred to as chunky yarn by yarn people.
One bag is all cotton yarn And it is nice to crochet into dishcloths
I also got a big mug and a bag and a funny little remnant of fabric.  




 

oThe second trip I bought a vinyl tablecloth that I plan to use on two tables on our patio- It’s 104 inches long.
And five jars that I will use just for dry food storage.  I’m pretty sure the quart ones are old mayonnaise jars and they are a very heavy glass compared to how I think glass jars are made now

another Friday night supper with a silly 11 year-old showing y’all the food.  
It was just the three kids and myself. We had breakfast for supper.- Strawberries, Biscuits and gravy, Sausage, Scrambled eggs, And banana chocolate chip muffins because I had ripe bananas and these kiddos like chocolate chips in their banana muffins.  

I don’t drink coffee and my husband will drink any plain black coffee. He doesn’t care what brand it is..  
I bought this MasterChef coffee at Walmart a few months ago as it was cheap compared to all the other coffees
I was surprised that the can was actually metal.  
I don’t know what I’m gonna do with it, but I did save and wash the can.  


They’re great food storage too.


Anybody remember when baking pumpkin bread in empty 1 pound Coffee cans was the rage?
i’m thinking it started in the mid 70s.
You can’t do that anymore because coffee doesn’t come in a 1 pound metal can and the cans that a lot of foods are in have some sort of a coating  on the inside that I don’t think is baking safe

But it was fun back then to make a round loaf of bread.   

that’s a snippet of my exciting life.  
❤️ Rhonda 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted. I was a bit worried about you.
    The quilt top is lovely.
    I wish I had that talent.
    Good deal on finding yarn it's become so expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐