If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Frugal February day 2

My first kitchen action this morning was to use some more of that bargain cream from Aldi and I made a batch of freezer biscuits multiplied by 5. I used my old Tupperware fix and mix bowl and 5 recipes was just about the right fill for that bowl. 

Cooking breakfast at home is not difficult, especially if you have some freezer biscuits to bake.
Breakfast at home is much thriftier than eating out.m
That's our breakfast. I like my egg on top of a biscuit half.  My husband had 2 biscuits.
We are not hard working farmers and this is all the breakfast we need. 
It was delicious!
I use this recipe for freezer biscuits. I do it just like the recipe but I bake them after they are frozen and I don't brush them with additional butter before baking. 

I've blogged a number of times about my deals at CVS and this week was another good one.
I spent last weeks ECBs and $6.75 for all this.  I am very thankful to have a good store like CVS near my home where I can get such good deals on things we use.
Oh, and I earned a $10 ECB for next week.
I've noticed similar good deals at other stores on online deal sites.  My advice is to pick a store close to you that you like to shop at, read up on their deals at a site like MoneysavingMom.com and focus your coupon shopping there. 

Update on our furnace - the repairman came Saturday evening, he cleaned off the temperature probe and it has been working ever since. He said the cleaning could make the probe last 5 more years or we could replace it to be sure it would keep working. We asked him to get a new one and he will come back next week and replace that probe. 
So,  I will be happy to pay for the new part and service calls. I don't think it will be a jaw-dropping amount though. 

We are very thankful to have heat. Our forecast is downright cold!

14 comments:

  1. These biscuits look really good! Thanks for sharing, I will have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Susan, these biscuits are really quick to mix up because you don't have to cut in the fat The cream has enough fat in it so there is one less step. I am sure your big eater boys would like them

      Delete
  2. Yum! Those biscuits look delicious! I am thankful with you that your furnace is working again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those biscuits look so good! =) Biscuits are my favorite for breakfast!
    I'm glad your heater is working again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with the CVS!! I see great deals from there! :) Biscuits look soo good.. I miss that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those biscuits look so yummy! We will be having that same meal for dinner this week. :) also, great job at cvs! I love their deals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your biscuits look nice and fluffy! I bet they were good. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you use coupons from a newspaper to get your deals at CVS?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing the biscuit recipe. I can almost smell them, and I sure would like something smelling good in my own kitchen! Wish me luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you on choosing one store to concentrate on. I choose CVS too. I can't keep up with more than one drugstore. Then I mostly choose Food Lion for groceries. I hardly ever go to Walmart any more. Its not on my way and I try to avoid the crowds and traffic there.

    I need to try the biscuit recipe. I froze some rolls that I made in the bread machine Saturday. I'm not sure how they will do. I partially baked part of them and froze a few that were unbaked. Its an experiment to see if we like them that way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pinned the biscuits...I love how high they rose! Beautiful!

    I would have eaten my eggs and bacon on my biscuit, too. yummy sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh be still my heart those biscuits. I need to get back at CVS for some deals. I no longer get the paper so I haven't been couponing. Need to rethink that maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is not the winter to risk going without heat that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad that you have heat. This winter has been brutal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐