I read Countrified Hicks
very thought out and organized one month menu she posted. Our meals have been hit and miss during this busy and hot summer. We have eaten tacos from the freezer, chef salads, homemade pizza, sandwiches- those easy last minute meals- too often this summer. I am ready for more cooking and more interesting food.
So I took the hint from Countrified Hicks and then looked on my cooking board
on Pinterest and picked out enough recipes to keep us fed, I think through most of September. I don't have to cook every night, because when I do cook a recipe for just husband and me, there are usually leftovers for at least one more meal and sometimes more. We are happy with leftovers too.
Here is my plan - in no particular order
- except we are having the Shrimp Creole tonight.
I picked recipes and meals that we have most of the ingredients for, either in the pantry or the freezer.
1. chicken and vegetable hand pies with gravy from a mix and a green salad
2. Cheesy bowtie pasta with added veggies like broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers and pepperocini, green salad and French bread
3. Hamburger helper night
4. Copy Cat ranch beans with corn bread and cole slaw
5. Korean Been Lettuce Wraps with rice and a green salad
6. Baked Chicken Tenders with baked onion rings and brussel sprouts
7. Farmers Pork Chops, oven roasted carrots and green salad
8. Salsa Verde Chicken, green salad, chips and salsa
9. Smoked pork loin with baked potatoes and roasted cabbage wedges
10. Chicken Almond, green beans and green salad
11. Chicken Lightly Seasoned with fried okra and green salad
12. Beef barley soup- the recipe makes a lot, I make cut it half this first time
13. Crock pot chicken enchilada soup
14. Crumb coated cod-or whatever fish I buy at Aldis- filets with cole slaw and corn
15. Shrimp Creole with rice and a green salad
16. Beef tips in the crockpot with rice or noodles, green peas and green salad
17. Cracker Barrel Chicken and Dumplings, more green salad and broccoli
Yes- we eat a lot of salad. Husband loves a big salad to start every meal, or at least 5 times a week.
I also want to try baking some new things
1. Custard Slices - from the Great British Bake Off television show (I love watching British shows on Roku)
2. Almond Tarts
3. Cherry Almond pound cake
sorry, no direct links to these recipes, but all of them are on my Pinterest cooking board
if you want to see them. I hope to blog and review them as I cook them too
Have you got some Pins you want to try out?