If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, September 13, 2024

A thrift tip and checking things off my list

hello everyone,
Thank you all so much for the big welcome back

First I have a thrift tip 

   
I prefer to use our dishwasher over handwashing and I used to use pods, but can you believe the price of those things now?
I switched  exclusively to this powder detergent from Walmart and it works great in our dishwasher.  
I don’t like pouring straight from the box because it comes out too fast so I switched to using an empty drink mix container that also had a scoop
I marked the scoop with a permanent marker at about 1 tablespoon. This much detergent gets our dishes as clean as any expensive pod I’ve ever used.

The canister with the dishwasher soap in it is under our kitchen sink with the label, so if anyone else is doing the dishes, they should be able to figure it out.

I think I read on someone else’s blog that they only use a quarter teaspoon of dishwasher powder per load.  That seems like a very small amount, but maybe that would work.
For now, I’m going to stick with about a tablespoon

This runs around four dollars at my local Walmart and a box last me about three months
We run the dishwasher daily, sometimes twice a day if I am cooking a lot or we have extra people in the house


I’ve been working on that to do list. I started on Monday.
Today I worked on a few kitchen drawers. Why do those drawers get so many crumbs in them?

I saw a whole maker on YouTube using a little handheld vacuum to clean the crumbs out of her kitchen drawers, and I thought that would be a handy appliance
But I am trying to get things out of my house, not more appliances.
When I was vacuuming, the floors I thought about my hose attachment and that’s what I used today. It was a little cumbersome than a little handheld vacuum, but I already own this vacuum and I already know how to use it so that’s a win-win.

I did remember to take some before and after photos
  

  

  

The first photo is the before, and the second photos are the after
See all those cribs in the potholder drawer ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
and besides just cleaning out the crumbs, I changed out the potholders.
I found these new ones in my sewing room and thought I should be using them instead of the old, stained ones



Gardening tasks are pretty small right now
when I watered this morning, I found three tiny green bean plants have started coming up in the green bean bed

two grandsons are here today and I believe this will be the last of the tomatoes of this season
And I’m thankful the boys like picking them

supper tonight was just myself and the two boys
So I planned pizza for supper. I made up a batch of dough and realized it was more than we would need so I used part of it to make 1 pizza for 3 of us. 
And then the other two parts were  partially baked for future pizza.
I used 2 Pie plates to bake them, I also brushed them with a little bit of olive oil and a little bit of seasoning

  


I’ve never done this before, so we’ll see how the parbaked  pizza crusts turn out later.  
They are in the freezer, waiting for a future meal. 


I’ve got more to tell you, but this is long enough
So hopefully, I will add more to another post tomorrow

Hope you all have a very nice weekend
❤️ Rhonda 






























8 comments:

  1. When I am in charge, my kitchen drawers get so messy and full of crumbs or something.
    I saw that little vacuum to keep in kitchen drawers. I vetoed that, too, on the same grounds.
    Tommy is usually the one to get things from kitchen drawers, and he keeps things sooo neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need Tommy, ๐Ÿ˜‚. nobody keeps things neat here but me and I dont do as good a job as I used too

      Delete
  2. Cleaned out drawers always make me feel better! The little tomatoes are so pretty and the pizza looks yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find crumbs, too...and I try to be so careful! We have a "dustbuster" hand vac and I love it for quick cleanups and crumb duty, too. I also keep one in our bedroom...I seem to shed hair more than a dog!! we have darker wood floors, so my white hair stands out! I do these quicky clean ups inbetween regular vacuuming jobs.

    Pizza looked great! What kind are your yellow tomatoes? You have had a great crop this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew the exact variety. I think we bought the plant at Atwoods, a farm store chain. They are yellow, small and pear shape……and very prolific.
      I kept the tags from a few plants but that one is no where to be found.

      Delete
  4. Homemade pizza was on our menu the other night. I've started using bread flour instead of AP, and my dough is so nice! Please let us know how those par-baked crusts do. I used half of my dough for a pizza, and froze the other half in a freezer bag. It's never quite as good as fresh when I thaw it, so perhaps par-baking would be the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will blog about the crusts when I use them. and I suspect it could be later this week.
      I know Aldi sells frozen pizza dough balls but I’ve never used them.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry ๐Ÿ˜