If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, September 16, 2024

sewing at church and this week’s to do list

Hello everyone 

We’re attending a new to us church.  Their new pastor is someone we’ve known for more than 20 years.  
We’ve jumped into several  activities and are really glad to be doing so.  
My favorite is the sewing group.  

Look at this wonderful sewing space full of supplies and workers.  
The main sewing project is tote bags.  they have one pocket inside and one pocket outside.  The handles are webbing.  

Missionaries take this bags to other countries and gift them to people in very poor areas. I’ve been told that a missionary team will take a suitcase full of these bags with them. And that’s a lot of bags!

The sewing space is so nice! It has cutting tables where some women cut out the body of the bag and the pieces for the pockets.
The sewing machines are in the center of the room and electric cords come down from the ceiling so we aren’t tripping over sewing machines plugged into the wall.
There are ironing stations and several sergers for the people who finish the inside seams.  


-
The map on the wall has pins marking all the places these bags have been sent.


That’s a cart full of bags with the pockets matched up to them.

I usually sew on pockets on the inside and out
some people cut out, some people iron,  some pin on the pockets and some sew on the pockets and some people sew on the handles and some serge around the edges


Some of the women also sew simple little girl dresses and little boy shorts for missionaries to gift to people.  


Here’s my To Do list for this week 
I checked off most of the tasks on last weeks list and feel like I’m getting back to my productive self but a few jobs moved to this week.  


Hope you all have a good new week 
❤️ Rhonda 














4 comments:

  1. The sewing group sounds very organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm not supposed to be jealous. But wow! That sewing room is amazing! I love this idea of sewing bags for missionaries to give out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one fabulous sewing room!
    Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of those handmade things are going to make a lot of people very happy. What an awesome thing to do.
    Bun

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐