If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Do Stuff Tuesday



I wrote another to do list with tasks I hope to do for the week, not just today. 


I fixed my husband's lunch bag first thing. 

Then I got busy with cleaning.  I vacuumed the carpets in the bedrooms and then shampooed those carpets. I used the homemade cleaner again and was very happy with how well it cleaned. 
I also cleaned and mopped both bathrooms and washed those rugs too.
In the garage, I swept and threw a few things away.

After I did the cleaning and found some spiders in the garage, I put down some bug spray in the garage and in the house. That made the house smell so I left for awhile. 


I stopped at one thrift store and found some play clothes. 
I also found a cute little 4 tablespoon liquid measure cup (it is in the dishwasher now, I will try to post a picture, I think it will be very handy!)

If you are not from the South, our supper will probably look and sound strange but it was delicious.
Garden tomatoes with cottage cheese, fried okra and kraut with weenies. The weinies are leftover Hebrew 97% fat free kosher beef franks. My husband bought the tomatoes and okra from a farmer selling them in a gas station parking lot. 


It's not crossed off on my list but I did finish the napkins. I made them from a table cloth bought on clearance years ago.  I used part of the table cloth to make an ironing board cover.  Their was a big odd-shaped scrap left. Last week, I cut it into as many 16 inch squares as possible.  After I machine narrow hemmed any raw edges, I ended up with 11 red checked napkins. 


I won't need to do much cleaning the next few days. 

Yesterday post got the nicest comments.  
I really enjoy reading what you all have been doing---

If you do stuff, stuff gets done! 

16 comments:

  1. You were really busy today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was, but I am guessing you were too. And I know you will be busy when your twins arrive :)

      Delete
  2. Your list could almost be my list....especially shampooing the carpet downstairs. I ignored them before we left on vacation, and now with us tracking in dirt from camping they are really bad. No spiders...the lizards around here seem to take care of that, but the ants are trailing along the patio enclosure and appear to be going into the house...none in the house yet.

    Still unpacking from our anniversary vacation...first time in six years we did anything....no family members doing crazy things, LOL. Of course we now need a vacation from our vacation. Forgot how rough camping is. A long soak in the tub was so appreciated.

    The Dude has a new doctor at the VA...took forever...and she informed him of things the other doctor did not. He is not border line diabetic, but heading that way, so more changes in his diet...poor guy, he so loves his fried and salty foods. He has a fatty tissue mass on his back that will be removed...he told the new doctor it freaks me out...it does because it is getting bigger. She said it was benign...based on feeling it, but they will still test it to be sure. We did learn that the Loma Linda VA was slated to care for 30,000 vets but are currently caring for nearly 90,000!!! Redlands will get a VA medical center soon...probably 2016 if we are lucky.

    Hope the rest of your week is relaxing....HA! Like a housewife's week ever is.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered where you had been Jilly, hope it was a wonderful vacation and happy anniversary.
      My dad has had some of those fatty masses, also in his back removed.

      Aargh on the VA! I don't see how that new Redlands va will be open by 2016, not at the speed I see them doing anything,

      Delete
  3. I am from the South and totally understand the meal!

    Thanks so much for the link to the carpet cleaner. As soon as Son3 goes back to college carpet cleaning in on my to-do list. Might need a hazmat suit before I tackle his carpet though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, I hope it works for you. And I know all about messy offspring.

      Delete
  4. Oh...good idea to use a table cloth to make napkins. Our napkins have seen better days...I should make some!
    I just might.
    Your southern supper-- looked good. Cabbage is plentiful right now. I've seen so many people eating it up!
    I'm not big on sour-krout...but I should eat it. It's supposed to be so healthy for you.
    the Honey made fish tonight and I made slaw-- with carrots and onions. Pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About kraut being healthy, it depends who you ask. It is fermented and some people think that is healthy but it does have a lot if sodium so other people don't think it is good for you.
      Your fish and slaw sounds good!

      Delete
  5. You accomplished lots of good things Tuesday! I need to add shampooing the carpet to my list. Maybe one morning next week when all the kiddies will be in school. Your napkins are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing lots right now because I have a little more free time with school being out. I will be busier when school starts as 2 of my children work the school calendar and I help with their children.
      So our schedules are reversed on this one :) hope you find some time to sew.

      Delete
  6. So fun to read and an inspiration for my day as it begins!

    We buy that same kind of weenie...they're delicious and really not unhealthy at all. Your kraut dish would be known up here but only on New Years Day. ha.

    No okra, though.....I don't even see it in the stores. My mom was from Tennessee and she sometimes sliced it into vegetable soup. Otherwise, I wouldn't even know what it is. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy, we eat fresh cabbage that is stir fried on New Years.
      After I typed weenies, I wondered if anyone knew what I meant. I don't think hot dogs are usually refered to as weenies much these days, except for weenie roasts. :)

      Delete
  7. I love how you used the tablecloth. Such good ideas! I once purposely bought a too-large tablecloth and made a table runner and chair seat covers for my kitchen table from it. My mother-in-law loves to sew napkins, so she has made dozens of sets for me (and other people, too). I always use cloth napkins now. So easy to toss into the washing machine. Your checked ones are really nice looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny how no matter the size of the tablecloth, they all are usually priced the same too. We just prefer cloth napkins over paper ones,

      Delete
  8. My carpets are way over due for cleaning, it is on my to do list, as soon as the summer jobs slow down a bit! The garden, weeding , watering, mowing, picking, freezing, etc...
    Your napkins turned out great! What a good idea using a tablecloth...I will have to check out some of my cloths....You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good :) tablecloths can be the perfect weight and weave for cloth napkins

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐