If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, September 9, 2024

it’s been a while…….

Hello Everyone
We had a very quiet summer while my husband was recuperating from a shoulder injury and  surgery that was much harder than either one of us expected it to be

he is doing much better now.
So things are starting to get back to normal here, and I am getting back to more homemaking instead of just the bare necessities. 



you may remember, I planted a spring garden. I harvested lots of bush green beans. I have since cleaned out that bed and planted another crop for fall

We also planted a few assorted peppers and several small tomato variety plants
The tomatoes have done amazingly well with very little care
One day we picked 20 pounds
And this morning I picked about 3 1/2 pounds
I have made spaghetti sauce for the freezer with some of them, have made fresh salsa many times
And have shared lots of them. My daughter works in a big office building that has a sharing table and she says our tomatoes are very popular there.



Our other summer entertainment has been birds
Robins like to build a nest on our pergola. I think this is the third year they have done so
This year, we have had five nests with baby Robins. 
Robins  grow up very fast And both parents provide equal care for the babies

My photos are not very good because I have to take them from a distance and the pergola is up kind of high.
My granddaughter has suggested we put a trail camera up there and we just may do that next year 

We have also enjoyed hummingbirds
We just had two feeders, but we may expand on that next summer.


This morning, I made my first pretty to do list in several months
I discovered my big black ink pad for the rubberstamps was not very fresh. But I have a smaller one and it worked good



Last week, I made this sort of master meal list for the month.
These are dishes that we have ingredients for and I’ve already made several of them even though there’s no check beside any of them
Sometimes it helps when I’m not feeling very inspired to look at a list. 
During the summer, we did enjoy takeout and restaurant meals several times.
But we live in a college town and the college kids are back, which means there’s lots of traffic and it’s not much fun to go out at busy times
So I intend to cook  At home whenever possible



Thank you all for the kind comments During my blog absence

I’m hoping to be back blogging and back to getting things done

❤️ Rhonda 















12 comments:

  1. Glad to see you post and good to know you are both doing well.
    Summer seems to have just flown by.
    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Back!.Your tomatoes are very impressive. Glad your husband got through his surgery. Looking forward to reading your blog.
    Bun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good too see you back. I remember my Dad having shoulder surgery and it was rough. I need to make a big meal list like yours, too. It would really help with using up some things here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back! I've been gone from blogging for a long time, too. I'm sorry to hear that your husband's shoulder surgery was harder than expected. I hope he's doing OK now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes glad all is well. -Rosa R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back. The bird activity sounds sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you back and posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was happy to see a new post. I've missed your daily doings and photos and menus and lists! I am a list person, too, and you give me inspiration. I need to do a meals list---I've gotten lax. My younger sis lost her husband (only 72) within 6 weeks from a brain tumor....so I have been doing much with/for her. Lots of dinners at our house, or taking meals to her. My ordinary retired life has gotten pretty busy, balancing my sister, and my husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you're back and hubby is doing better! I like your meal plan list ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so good to hear your husband is doing better! Your gardening sounds wonderful! It is nice to have things settling down and enjoying homemaking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just made pizza -it would help to have the crusts done ahead of time. I'll give that a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐