If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, September 23, 2024

A few things around my house

Hello everyone and happy second day of autumn to everyone
It has been very hot and dry in Oklahoma, but yesterday we got a little bit of rain and the temperatures dropped significantly. And it’s still that way today and supposed to stay that way all week. 
So these cool temperatures feel very refreshing


our hummingbirds left about two weeks ago
We’ve taken down the feeders and sterilized them and stored away away till next spring

I’m pretty sure I have shared this nut bread recipe before.
It’s a very simple recipe that takes no time at all to mix up, but it does take a little while to bake
It’s delicious, even though it has only 1/3 cup of sugar and no added fat.  it’s not fat-free because there is a little bit of fat in the nuts and the egg.

it is a very tasty bread, we especially enjoy it lightly toasted.  


I’ve been keeping my recipes in big notebook binders for several years. But I don’t really like having that big notebook out on the counter when I’m cooking. It just takes up so much room.
So I’ve been writing my favorite recipes on recipe cards.  
My recipe box is old.  
I remember two of my children painting it, and putting on the rub-on Decals, I think it would have been around 1992 or 1993.
One of them also made the divider cards.  The tabs were taped on and have come loose.  But the cards are special to me, so I used some laminating sheets and covered those special divider cards.  


it looks rather grubby in the photos, but I assure you it is clean- just old 

We like hashbrowns for breakfast and I usually use leftover baked potatoes.
One of our grandsons is a big fan of hash browns.  Sometimes his sleepovers here are spontaneous and I don’t have cooked potatoes on hand.
I saw these Hungry Jack hash browns on a Youtube cooking show.  They are a shelf stable pantry item.  To prepare, add hot water to the box, drain after 12 minutes, then fry in 2 tablespoons oil for 6 minutes.  
I think these will be a nice breakfast addition when that grandson is here.  

This box with 7 servings was about $2 at Walmart.  I also saw a 5 ounce serving box for $1.25 at Dollar Tree.  

For a pantry item,  these hashbrowns are great! 

Sewing ——- my daughter requested new potholders, so I sewed up a stack of them for her



their doggy is a little black dog, not really a dachshund, but she looks somewhat like the dogs on this fabric.  

❤️ Rhonda 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐