If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, June 8, 2020

June homemaking #3 - just a jumble of stuff

Good morning 🌞

First, here is my new to do list 


I’ve been busy already and have walked and weeded and have a red, sweaty face to show for it 



My husband picked a few edibles this morning 


And he picked up our weekly Walmart
It’s not much but we had plenty of other stuff on hand.  Not shown- 3 boxes of Great Value ice cream sandwiches already in the freezer 


I’ve talked about zinnias many times. I’m so happy this batch of  volunteer zinnias in a front flower bed are starting to bloom. 
I didn’t plant this batch this year,  they grew from seeds spread from last year’s zinnias. 



He’s a little late but one solitary Easter lily is also blooming in that front bed 


Here’s a quick meal a put together in about 10 minutes.  Our oldest and 2 grandsons were here one day helping with a backyard irrigation pump (in the end it didn’t work though and the pump is going back to Amazon)
The veggie tray was already made and the onions cut up.  
I took 2 packs of franks and 1 pack of buns from the freezer- cooked the franks in water on the stovetop and toasted the buns in the broiler.  



We ate on the patio and there were no leftovers except chips.  
We have enjoyed so many meals on the patio this spring but summer heat is here now and we probably won’t be eating out there much at all.  

I hope you all are fine. 
I must confess I have had some “down” days,  just feeling so bad about so many things.  
But staying busy helps much more that just sitting so that’s my plan.  

❤️ Rhonda 







11 comments:

  1. I think we are all feeling that way. Life is so different. Being busy and being outdoors helps me. Picked quart of blackberries this morning, dead headed roses and daisies, and cut blue hydrangea for our table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m guessing your hydrangeas are beautiful

      Delete
  2. This morning I read, "2020 can just pull over and let me out--I will walk."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2020 has sure been a doozy- and it’s not even halfway done.

      Delete
  3. Ah, there's nothing like a quickly prepared healthy meal shared with loved ones. I hope you get a replacement for that irrigation pump soon. I also feel a bit down now and then given the uncertainties of the times, but keeping busy and productive helps a lot. Stay well, safe, and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda, I'm with you. It's been hard to stay positive and optimistic. I'm working on bettering myself and making home a comfortable and functional space. I love your blog and many of your posts resonate with me. I'm hoping for better times but in the meantime, spending time with family... even if it just a phone call. Thank you for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look pretty, in spite of the sweat! Lovely skin. I think we are all having those days, hang in there!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your picture..your so pretty even after working and walking!
    Your zinnias are already rolling. They will be so pretty when they come up!
    We find it's best to have ice cream in the freezer too. Oh my goodness at the lines at dairy queen. You can wait for about an hour if your desperate I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your meal looks so good---so nice to have family close by to share it...

    I understand the "down" feeling, too---I am feeling it as well. To compound that, tomorrow is 1 year since my Mom passed away...wish I had asked her more questions...

    Being outside does wonders for my mental attitude...(note to self--get out there!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is hard right now. Just too many things at once. Our brains can't cope, no matter how strong we think we are. Cute picture of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐