If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, July 25, 2022

End of July already?



Hello everyone
I didn’t plan to take such a long blogging break and I’m not sure I’m jumping back in to blogging regularly.  Who knows? 

In the top photo, 
I’m on the left and my son in law’s stepmom is on the right. 
We didn’t plan it but we were both dressed the same this morning 
Isn’t her home pretty?  
They have a pool and I’m guessing the blow up dragon was brought inside to keep it from blowing away.
I didn’t even notice it until I saw it in the photo.  





Life is still busy here.  
The new house for our son in law and daughter is being built but it’s not finished yet so our home is full and busy.  




It’s crazy hot there- 105-108 everyday but there is a break in sight. 
Hot and windy- kind of like living in a convection oven 🥵🥵🥵




My husband’s parents are both in their late eighties and have had several health issues so my husband has been spending about a week every month or so in Arkansas helping with dr appts, home maintenance, etc. 

I’m still stocking up and still cooking a lot. 
Our garden was pretty much a bust except for blackberries and flowers.  

   





CVS tempted me last week with their daily freebies and I had one really good day shopping there. 

First purchase in store  it was about $30 and I got back about $30 in CVS ExtraCareBucks 

I thought I would jump back in to the drugstore couponing deals after that. 
I went back today and took my planned purchases to checkout but it didn’t go like I expected at all! So I didn’t buy any of it. 
Early this evening, I went online and spent all my CVS ExtraCareBucks and ordered a f ew things and I think I’ll be done with CVS, at least for now.  

Below is today’s purchase 

The total spent was about $15
There are good deals to be found,  I just don’t feel like figuring them out right now. 




  
This sunflower was a seed planted in a disposable cup of dirt by grandson Jackson in his first grade class.  I kept a close eye on it and planted it outside, watered it often and it bloomed into such a pretty flower.  


I’ve been doing plastic canvas and finished this set of boxes for fall. 
I’ve started a snowman for winter but no photo yet.  

That fruit tray was full of melon and strawberries when the meal started.  
We’ve been eating lots of cantaloupes, watermelons and strawberries during this heat spell.  
And Popsicles! 

Our sad news is Cora and family have moved to a different university, 11 hours away. 
But we spent lots of time with her the last 6 weeks or so and it’s a good move.  We are happy for them but of course we miss them. 
And we will see them in 2 months 😀
There is a huge park near their new home and I’m happy they are in such a nice town. 

I guess that’s all the big news here. 
Hello to you all 👋🏻

❤️Rhonda 

















9 comments:

  1. You two could be twins. Yes, her home is lovely.
    I wondered where you were and what you were doing! The kids look like they are enjoying the melon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, I figured she was your sister! Amazing.
    Good to see you post - I have wondered about you often. It sounds like life has been busy and dull for you and your family.
    I hope you check in more often. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! It has been a bit since I popped in. I will need to catch up for sure. Sunflowers are my favorite and it is remarkable what a seed in a cup can do.

    I also quit the cvs thing. I don't have the brain capacity to deal with it all. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are twinies! SO happy to read and post from you. I love that house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that amazing that you both dressed the same.

    Things are slow in the garden here and not progressing as fast as we would like. I usually am in the midst of pickling, relish making, jam making by this time. Not this year.

    It was really nice to see a post from you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering where you'd been! Hope everything is OK. You sound very busy, especially with your daughter and family currently living with you.

    You and your son-in-law's mother look like sisters!

    Hope you're having a good summer and that you are finding a little "me" time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to read everything is fine with you, Rhonda! Iwas a bit worried for you when you hadn't blogged, but didn't want to pry. You are a whiz at figuring out those deals! You look wonderful!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been missing you, too! I know you're super busy, but hope you're able to have some down time, too.

    Love the sunflower. Layla made me a clay flower pot in VBS and it has a bag of soil and a packet of marigold seeds with it. She told me it isn't for planting, just for remembering Jesus. Lol.

    Oh, I'm sorry about Jimmy and family moving away. I know you'll miss them.

    My grands start school two weeks from tomorrow. Essentially, summer is over and I'm counting down to Fall. I hope your weather is better. We had some pretty terrible hot days last week, but not like you. Oof.

    Take care! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both are so pretty! Love the blouses!
    Your sunflowers are so pretty mine have not bloomed yet. Hopefully soon!
    I did some deals for awhile but quickly grew tired of it because some didn't work and the cashiers were not very friendly towards deals. So I'm taking a break for now too plus we are stocked up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐