If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, July 10, 2015

Shopping and sewing

It's been a much quieter week here.  I've did a little shopping today and some sewing earlier,  
I bought a few produce items (red grapes, strawberries, carrots  celery and bell peppers) at Aldi.  I always wash produce and let it air dry- then I store in Tupperware or zipper bags.  I think it lasts longer and is crispier than if just kept in the crisper drawer.  
Yep, I stopped at CVS.  I got all this for $7.78.  When I was home and was organizing my receipts,  I found a $2/$6 Listerine coupon that I neglected to give the cashier.  Oh well!  I still spent less than $8 and got back $11 ECBs.  


At Dollar Tree, I only bought 5 bags of my very favorite dishwasher soap pods. There are 10 in a bag for $1, much cheaper than any other brand of dishwasher soap pods and I think they work better than any brand too.  




My favorite thrift store, and the only one I ever seem to shop at anymore, was having a $10 a bag women's clothing sale.  I filled up my bag and I think I got several things I will wear often, including 2 tops and 2 long skirts that will be cute outfits.  I also ended up with a few odd things that I wondered why I thought I would want them.  They may just go back in my next donation :) 


Sewing - I sewed up matching curtains for these 3 windows and our 2 living room windows several years ago.  They are still in good shape but I was tired of them and wanted something lighter.  


So I looked in my fabric tubs and re used this pink toile to sew some valances.  
Years ago, when this was actually a breakfast room, this pink toile was in some lined curtains that covered the windows.  But when I laundered them, the lining shrunk like crazy, and the curtains wouldn't fit those windows anymore.  I cut them apart then and I am glad I saved that pretty fabric.  



For the living room, I used some muslin curtains I had sewed up several years ago for my son's old apartment.  I added white ball fringe and the burlap pennant tie backs are from Baby Jack's shower decorations.  
These photos are really bad and I will attempt to retake them when the light is different.  


I am really happy with the new looks and glad I spent no money or time shopping to get them. 

I've got some pillows cut out and hope to sew them this weekend.  


I got lots done this week but the most fun day was the day these 5 sweeties were here- 
We may need to look for a bigger chair :) 

7 comments:

  1. Very nice curtains. The little ones are pretty cute too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really like how your new toile curtains brighten up the space. The thrift store finds are great. I like the white and orange top on the right of the photo. I too like to soak and dry my produce so they are nice and ready to use in the fridge but I don't always do it. I often just stash it in the crispers and then have to do it later. I agree that if you wash and put away ready for use, the produce seems to last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the toile valances brightened the kitchen. I have just begun washing most of my produce before putting it in the crisper and have been hearing such raves about putting berries in a vinegar water bath then drying them that I tried it today also. To be honest I could still taste the vinegar on the outside of the berry so I am not sure if I will do it again.

    And those little people on the chair with you are absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your curtains! You have done such a wonderful job!
    The grandkids are really loving on you! Such a happy picture! Having a great time!

    I'm going to look for that dish soap. What a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda, what gorgeous curtains, and all for nix! Well done. Your grandchildren are just adorable. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the curtains and the fact that it is all recycled. See that is why I hold onto stuff!!!! LOL! The grandkids are a bunch of cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet picture! I can see thelove in grandma's eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐