If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Still frugal February but I’m taking a blogging break

Hello everyone
I didn’t make a to do list this week. This is not a normal week with several family things happening.
And there isn’t really an opportunity to make blog post when extra things are going on, so I will be back after this week
Yesterday, to get ready for company, I baked a double batch of pancake and a batch of chocolate chip muffins.

I glazed part of the pound cakes , with lemon glaze, and part with chocolate glaze.
The chocolate chip muffins were pretty much devoured by some grandchildren who were here for an overnight stay. They ate them for dessert at supper and then they ate them with their breakfast the next morning before school. 
I baked pound cakes because I’m not sure when the rest of our company will be here and for what meals. Pound cakes  keep so I thought that would be the best thing to plan for a dessert. 
However, as soon as I tasted one of them, I knew I had made a boo-boo. I doubled the recipe and I doubled  all of the ingredients correctly………, except for the sugar.
It was not the worst mistake I could make. The cakes are still quite edible, but they are not as light or as sweet, as if they had the correct amount of sugar.

Oh well! We had some of the poundcake today with a few sliced strawberries on top, and it was still delicious.
There are plenty of peaches in the freezer so I may thaw those out when company is here and we will just call it peach shortcake

Hope you all are having a good week with no kitchen boo-boos. 

I’ll be back as soon as I can
❤️ Rhonda 




7 comments:

  1. All of those things look delicious!! And yes, strawberries with whipped cream would be perfect on your pound cake! Or a lemon drizzle :) Enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you share the chocolate poundcake recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so good. Have lovely family time - and here's hoping all is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is CAKE and since it is lonely for some sugar...ice cream sounds nice. Real nice. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a wonderful time with your company, Rhonda. Sometimes those little "mistakes" turn out to be a new favorite. Probably was just the right amount of sweetness with those strawberries and cream. Good save!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy the company. Mistakes sometimes turn out quite okay and it sounds as if you found the perfect way to "sweeten" up the poundcakes.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry šŸ˜