If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Frugal February 7, 8 and 9 kitchen clean out, Google Lens, Dollar Tree things for my daughter

Hello everyone 
I’ve spent almost all day working on my kitchen. 

I took everything out of the lower cabinets and some things from the upper cabinets.
Then I  cleaned the shelves and put in new shelf paper.

It was a big job and I am tired. I still want to put some labels on the doors.
Most everything is put back now, and I have a big discard pile.
 And I will show you after pictures tomorrow.



Do you all know about Google lens?
You need the Google app. It was already on my Apple phone and it was also on my husband’s android phone.
It’s very useful if you’re trying to identify something. 
There were some mystery items in that batch of sewing stuff I got Saturday so I tried out Google lens for the first time.
To use Google lens, open the app, and then touch the camera icon.
Then take a picture of your mystery item.

The app will probably tell you exactly what your mystery item’s name is. 
It will tell you what it may be selling for in different places or where to buy one. 
I learned about this app, watching a YouTuber identify items in a thrift store.
I think it’s very useful. My husband thinks it could be useful to identify the name of a part on something when you’re trying to fix it.
So remember your Google app next time you have a mystery. It might be able to help you solve it.



A budget, but very delicious recipe that I made this week is nut bread. The recipe is originally from a Susan Branch  cookbook.
I’ve been baking this for years.
It has no added fat of any kind in the recipe, except for the egg and the butter that is used to grease the pan.


  

We like it a lot. Especially toasted with a little butter on top.

I don’t guess I gave out enough clues about which of the dollar tree items my daughter requested. So I’ll just go ahead and show you.
.
She wanted the gnome, and those little carrots that I did not take a photo of, probably for her tiered tray in her kitchen.

She wanted the coloring tablecloth for her long dining table, they have three school-age children who will enjoy coloring the Valentine tablecloth.
On the right side of the picture, you can see their double entry doors and that is why she wanted the two bunny wreaths. 
And last, the felt bunny garland  will go on their mantle for Easter. 
She currently has felt hearts there for Valentine’s Day.




Nobody guessed  the correct items and I really wasn’t clear enough.
I will host a giveaway of some sort very soon

❤️ Rhonda 




















7 comments:

  1. It sure is amazing how much of a mess we can make when cleaning!!! LOL! I do the same - it will look like a tornado came through JUST to clean! Great job on all levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Susan Branch books and artistry! The nut bread looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been a great deal of work to empty out the cabinets and put in new shelf paper. But I am sure it was worth all the effort. It must look so nice! That nut bread recipe looks healthy and good! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Long-time reader, first time to comment (I think!). I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog and the tips and recipes you share. Thank you for sharing about the Google Lens, I had no idea. And the nut bread recipe is something I want to try. Blessings, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it nice to have clean, organized cabinets once again? I need to work on my baking cabinet. I just learned about Google Lens a few weeks ago when I was in a vintage shop and I asked the owner what something was. It's such a useful tool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea of taking everything out to begin anew! Looking forward to the finished project :) Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had heard of Google lens, but didn't really know what it was for. That will be handy to know about!
    I felt like Nina would like the bunny wreaths, but had no idea what else was hers.
    I have been going through drawers and cabinets one at a time over the past weeks. It seems if I do it all at once, I get it pulled out, then it's days and days before I get it all put away. I keep telling myself to be ruthless and just get rid of things, but then talk myself into keeping those same things. Argh! Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐