If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, February 3, 2023

Frugal February #3 needles, pillows and nails



Hello everyone 
I got some sewing things earlier this year from a relative.
I think this pack of sewing needles from Wonder potato chips is such neat thing.  




I’m guessing it was a freebie inside a specially marked package of chips or maybe it was a mail in offer, like mail in 2 proofs of purchase and 
Wonder would mail the customers their needles.  

When was the last time you saw anything marked “made in japan”


A company won’t do a freebie like this now.  Somebody would eat a needle and say they didn’t know needles weren’t edible or something ridiculous like that.  
But I think this is neat reminder of past things.  

And I used one of those needles today……..





When I unpacked my Valentine decorations,  I found 2 pillow covers that I didn’t remember. 
I didn’t have pillow blanks to put in them so I just made some.
I had 2 older bed pillows.  
I marked them to fit into the 17 inch pillow covers- I only had to cut off 1 end- 
The filling was thick and it took a bit of an effort to cut through it but it wasn’t a hard job. 
Then I turned under the pillow fabric edges and hand sewed them shut. 

There are the pillow covers zipped onto the just made pillow inserts 


And I have an idea about what to do with the pillow stuffing ends- stay tuned. 

I gave Ducky a bath this morning and did a few cleaning jobs.  My manicure didn’t hold up to well to all that water 
and I wasn’t crazy about those 2 color nails so I put on a fresh set just now 

And there are still sooooo many nails in this bag! 


Have a good weekend everyone
❤️ Rhonda 


5 comments:

  1. Cute pillows. I remember when you could get all kinds of freebies in different products. Such fun.
    Nails are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a very long time since companies offered freebies. I can't remember freebies from Japan.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even imagine putting those needles in a pack of anything these days. There would be a disclaimer a mile long and still, someone would do something idiotic. Anyway, this reminds me of all the freebies we would get when I was a kid. Prizes in the cereal box, a coin purse or umbrella at the bank, drinking glasses at the gas stations and on and on. And your pillows turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Used to love all the freebies from companies. Now days I'm sure, putting a package of needles in a bag of potato chips would just be asking for a lawsuit. Love your nails! I should pay more attention to my nail grooming, it looks so nice.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐