If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Monthly Goals

it is a new month and I've got 3 little goals for this month. (well, besides all the wrap presents, decorate the house, bake cookies, getting ready for Christmas goals)

1. Use a reusable bag every time I purchase something. I have several very nice bags but they seem to stay in the trunk and I don't remember them until I check out.
Today, I went to 4 stores and used a reusable bag at every one of them.

isn't this bag the cutest? I got it from Audra at Frugal Missus


2. Drop a little money into every Salvation Army bucket that I pass when I enter a store.

3. Whenever possible, buy everything either on sale or with a coupon or both. I did good on this one today.
At Hobby Lobby, my 3 little craft supplies were 40% off and I used a 40% off coupon on a big bottle of Mod Podge.
At Walgreens, I used coupons on everything and picked up my free collage print.
At Walmart, some of my grocery purchases did not have coupons but I got chocolate chips for 78 cents with an internet coupon and balsamic vinegar for $1.08 using $1 hang tags found on the bottles. And balsamic vinegar was even on my list!
Then to Braums, they had some coupons they mailed out last month, I used one today for $4 off a $20 purchase on their grocery items. I got milk, romaine, grape tomatoes, apples, pickles, jam, even free range eggs. They have very good prices and with coupon, it made for great deals.

So, how about you? Do you want to join me in my goals or do you have some of your own?

6 comments:

  1. Hey there, I am your first follower! Great blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, I posted my goals on my blog:

    http://seasideenchantment.blogspot.com/2009/12/december-goals.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always have to bring our own bags to the shops here in Holland. You do get used to it and feel like you are missing something if you forget. Some take the grocery carts to their cart and unload it directly into the bags.

    I have to get my house back in order this week so I can start on my Christmas decorating. I have a new goal of house much money I want to raise with selling our old and unsued stuff around the house. I am doing well but it seems to be slowing down. Maybe because of the upcoming holidays? I have a goal to continue learning to determine what I really love and sort out what I don't.

    I was happy to see your mom on your old blog! I wonder if she could see me waving to her??? :-)

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, I will follow your new blog! You have such great ideals and crafts! It was nice to see a picture of your mother (another crafty lady) and the family.

    Chocolate chips for 78, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rhonda,
    I have bags from LL bean I use. I loved reading your goals. I too am working on our food bill.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did so good with your goals! I saw that bag on her blog - lucky you! It's gorgeous!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐