If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

pimento flavored jelly beans in the olives, really now....


see that little red thing on the counter? that is a pimento like substance that this food processor uses to stuff the olives, instead of just using real pimentos like we all expect to be in the olives.
I know food scientists and manufacturers are always looking for ways to cut costs but this one shocked me.
I don't like olives but Jeff does, and when I showed him this, he decided to throw them away and just stick with "real olives" in the future

This jar was purchased at Aldis but I would guess they are not the sole seller of fake pimentos.

So, read your food labels, on everything! Or you won't be eating what you think you are eating.

10 comments:

  1. UGH! We don't sell any like that, where I work! And I'll stick to the black olives, just fine :P

    That looks like a choking hazzard, it does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! I have bought Aldi's olives for years never even suspecting that the pimentos wouldn't be real. Thanks for sharing this, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have got to be kidding!
    That is awful. I would never have dreamed that could happen.
    Thanks for being so observant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhonda,

    That is news to me! Thanks for the information.

    Warmly,
    Tracey

    P.S. I really like the way you illustrated it through photos! Very clever and it really got the point across!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh green olives stuffed with pimentos are a staple for me...i will now be reading labels

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gross! I can't believe they do that on purpose, at first I thought maybe it was a mistake.

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving me note. We have had some horrible weather, but then again so has most of the county. Things are going well, except for blogging, LOL. I really need to do better, but then again that is what I always say.
    Thanks for thinking of me.
    The other Okie,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's disturbing! I can't imagine what the powers that be at Aldi's are thinking about...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ewwwwww!

    What a way to ruin olives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished reading a book titled _The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite_, by Dr. David Kessler, who used to be Commissioner of the FDA. It discusses such "fake" food additives like this in great detail, and how the layering of sugars, salts, and fats in food is making us all fat. It's an interesting read, and I applaud you for bringing this to my attention. I don't have an Aldi's near me, but I do have to shop at big-box stores, and I never would have thought to check my green olives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I AM SHOCKED>>>>>>SHOCKED>>>>>>what else is there I was douped with???? Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐