If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jimmy

28 years ago, I was in the Naval Regional Medical Center aboard Camp Pendleton, California with my brand new baby Jimmy. Jeff and I arrived at the hospital after midnight and Jimmy was born, very easily, at 230am.
Jimmy was born a few days after Prince William. Princess Diana leaving their hospital with their new baby was on the single tv in my hospital room. I was in a room with 4 other Marine wives and we all watched the royal family and then talked about how different her hospital stay must of been from ours.

Jimmy was a happy baby - always smiling or sleeping. Pretty cute too! This was 28 years ago.....

Now, he has one more semester of law school and is working this summer as a Licensed Legal Intern with an attorney in our town. He can do some things in a limited way that an attorney can do, but not everything.
He does have to dress like an attorney - doesn't he look nice? He came to Nina's house today at lunch and opened a birthday gift that my brother left there for him.

Zerbie is looking on, it looks like she is curious about what is inside..... Uncle Bert always picks out interesting gifts, what could it be?

Oh, it is a retro stalking panther TV lamp!

A close up look, in case you have never seen one.
Jimmy says he has been looking for one and it is just what he wanted.

Jimmy with baby Elizabeth

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jimmy. What a handsome young man. Wish I had another daughter. LOL Miss Candi said tell Theo there is a squirrel that has been driving her crazy the past few days.:) She had ice cream today to cool off.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be so proud of your kids, Rhonda. Hope your son had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are SO, SO proud! He is very handsome and working so hard to achieve his dreams.

    Happy Birthday Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What joy you have given to family, Jimmy. So so proud of you - almost an attorney. Wish you could go to Dardanelle with us. Love, RoRo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fine young man...and handsome, too! Elizabeth looks so tiny in his arms! :)

    happy birthday to Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimmy, is very nice looking! Sweet picture of him and his niece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Jimmy! He is a handsome young man. I know you are proud of him. I bet you can't believe 28 years went by so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday to Jimmy! Twenty four years ago I was in the hospital not sleeping well and had my daughter at 12:37 PM on the 24th. So neat to see others who share birthdays!

    Interesting gift! I've never seen one!

    BTW, Jimmy is a handsome young man!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐