If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Home tour part 7 -the last bedroom

This is the last room of our home tour- kind of a lag because I am not happy with the lighting in these photos but I can't seem to do any better- so here goes......
I know the first thing you see is the pretty quilt. My mom made it in the early 50s when she was living in rural Oklahoma with my dad and brothers who were just babies then. I think she said her mother in law gave her the kit and it is all sewn by hand.
Close up 

It is fragile and not usually on the bed but on a quilt rack. The quilt looks so pretty on the bed but it will mostly stay on the quilt rack to keep in good condition.
This is a pretty big room. One corner has a comfy thrift store rocker. Another corner has a toddler bed for grandchildren. 

My husband built the oak 4 post bed with LOTS of help from a professional cabinet maker friend,

On one end of the bedroom is a bathroom 
It has double sinks (which really just means there are 2 sinks to clean) 
A big bath tub my husband likes and behind the dark red shower curtain is a shower with a seat in it that I like.
Then through that bathroom door is the walk in closet.
On the bench is the same fabric that the bedroom curtains are sewn from. 
When I took these pictures a month ago, this is how I stored our CVS stockpile. I have changed it, inspired by Manuela's shower pantry, and will show it soon. 

Thank for coming, hope you enjoyed the tour. 

22 comments:

  1. Love the quilt and your closet is so organized!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is easy to keep stuff organized when there is plenty of room

      Delete
  2. That quilt is gorgeous! What a lovely room! Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela, my mom gets all the credit for the pretty quilt

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt to treasure! I love the bed--nice work Jeff. Bedroom in nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lana, I do treasure this quilt. Thank yiu

      Delete
  4. Oh yes! I did enjoy the tour! What a beautiful treasure your quilt is and the bed ~ well, who could ask for anything better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you did. I am very thankful for our home

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet daughter you are to showcase my quilt (now yours) and it has never looked better than on the beautiful bed handcrafted by Jeff and David.....can still recall the day I started stitching the quilt. We were living in a beautiful old house in Pond Creek - a very hot summer day - Pa was working in the wheat harvest and I was, of course, taking care of your brothers, doing laundry, cooking cornbread and beans for supper. Minnie Maye brought the kit and when all my chores were coming to an end, appliqued one of the blocks and thought that quilt would never be finished, but as one can see, it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am glad you finished it and that i can see it everyday now.

      Delete
  6. What a spacious room! That quilt does look just beautiful on the bed - what a treasure to have and care for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a big room, but if I had my choice, I would have a normal size master and put those extra square feet in the dining room or kitchen.

      I am thrilled to have this pretty quilt.

      Delete
  7. That bed is gorgeous, and so is the quilt! You should leave it on the bed unless you think it'll get damaged by pets or grandchildren? I'm envious of your big bathroom and walk-in closet - both things my house doesn't have! (Well, of course it has bathrooms, lol, but they're both small.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do spread it out on the bed often but I think sleeping under it would just wear it out, it is all cotton and almost 60 years old.
      No pets here right now but maybe after Jeff's surgery, we will add a good natured doggie to our family,.
      I like our bath and closet, their size is pretty standard I n homes this age in this part of the country and actually newer homes have even bigger ones.

      Delete
  8. You have a beautiful home. Thanks for showing us around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love this room. The quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have very much enjoyed your house tour! What a special heirloom that quilt is, especially when you know how your mom was gifted the kit and made it by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt! I would love to have a bedroom, bathroom and walk in closet right off of a bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to tour homes. I have to back track to see the other postings. Your husband did a beautiful job building the bed. My husband loved his woodworking hobby and our daughters and I were so blessed to have a man who made such lovely things. I am sure your bed will be a family heirloom. The quilt is definitely a treasure. Every once in awhile it deserves to be brought out and admired.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW ! Your room has the WOW factor due to that gorgeous bed and wonderful treasure of a quilt...both are so lovely ! Nice to have the good sized room there as well for the toddler bed to fit in. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐