If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

making the most of bananas that ripened so fast

I bought bananas Monday and they seemed a tad green in the store but by the next morning, they looked 5 days older instead of just 1.   It was a lot of bananas,  9 of them I think. 
I've been following a Pinterest tip that breaking apart the bananas makes them ripen slower,  and it was working, until this most recent bunch anyway. 
There is no way were could eat this many ripe bananas so I came up with a plan. 
Little JJ was here today, so I hung him up in the kitchen doorway while I mixed up a triple recipe of banana bread.  No, he is not really hanging- he can jump and bounce and turn around,  the jumper keeps him happy about 10 minutes or so, just long enough.....
 
 
3 loaves of baked banana bread. 
There were enough bananas to make a triple recipe of our favorite recipe.
Family Favorite Banana Bread
JJ's mom took some of the bread when she picked him up.  The rest went in the freezer to share with more family soon. 
 
I wonder how many times I have blogged about banana bread,  probably too many.  I hope you sweet readers are not too tired of seeing it.  I just think it looks so pretty in vintage bread pans.
JJ is kind of cute too. 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. I'm never tired of banana bread because I have the same problem of too many over ripened bananas. Some times I run out before the week is out and other times I've got too many to eat and they all turn brown. I'm also still looking for a favourite recipe. Your bread look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love banana bread. My recipe has mayo instead of egg and oil. It's wonderfully moist. I haven't made it in a while since we're low carbing! You are making me hungry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgene, there is nothing low carb about this banana bread except the eggs and nuts. Sorry for making you hungry :)

      Delete
  3. Banana bread is always great! Tastes good, plain, toasted with butter... or even with some peanut butter spread on it! :-) LOVE those pans! We had them when I was a kid, but not sure where they went? Had the bowl too! I look for these in garage sales and such...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm, your bread looks so good but that baby!! He is the really sweet treat on your post. Such a chunky monkey and what a head of hair!! I have to say getting any baking complete when you have little ones around is a huge deal, congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your vintage bread pans!! That bread looks so yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love banana bread - it says "Mom" to me since she made it quite often when I was a kid. Brings a little bit of her into my kitchen when I make it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐